February 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

SNOWBOB11

• Moderators

I guess I have shirked my LPT duties for this one....maybe because we need more of a Cold Temp Tracker.

Anyway, I'll see how the SREFs look tomorrow AM and maybe do a couple of those based on my availability. 

• THUMBS UP 1

Pretty clustered, obviously, but the variations within is that 3-4 County tug of war thats going to happen. Me wishing for this to be pulled NW Inevitably rips it away from those SE of Columbus 

eps_mslp_lows_conus_66.png

eps_mslp_lows_conus_72.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

Main takeaway from the EPS snowfall chart above as well as ILN's relatively strong wording is that those lucky enough to be in the narrow deform zone have a legit shot at 6" - like I said - pretty much no choice but to see this one out to the bitter end & go down with the ship 🤣

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Is this a recent add to weather models? I don't remember seeing it posted before.

Yeah Grace had posted it a couple weeks ago so I started checking in on it. The Korean looks locked up for some reason

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Punt. Maybe next one…oh wait. 

Yeah, long range doesn't look particularly promising. Here's my proposal to the upcoming weather pattern over the next few months...if we end up getting screwed out of snow/winter weather these next few weeks, at least give us a WARM spring. Was 2012 the last consistently warm spring we had around here? 

• LIKE 2

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Have you noticed how it's performed relative to other models?

Not enough sample size 🤣, will have to pay closer attention on this one, definitely in more of the NW camp than others at this point

23 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Would love to somehow find this look again as we head towards showtime...

gfs.png

That run had the northern stream in play. But yea was the best scenario for the area.

Edited by junior
  • THUMBS UP 1