February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

24 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Lol,  I'm also not wired like most people.  I'm probably an odder duck than most of you all realize.

Wait a second!  You're a duck??  You mean all this time we've been talking to a duck that talks back? 🤪

• LAUGH 1

23 minutes ago, Adambrau said:

After 2 years of basically no snow in NYC, I stopped tracking storms. I began to believe that global warming had killed the snow storms we used to 'enjoy'. Much to my surprise I got an email this afternoon from operations at JFK warning several flights arriving tonight and tomorrow are canceled. And I have the day off to enjoy it. Does life get any better.....

It has been scientifically proven that its not global warming.  Rather it is those in your area who buy snow blowers, get winter tires, etc.... before the big event.  

I caused 2022's non winter by getting snow tires.

• LAUGH 3
  • &$!#% 1
  • TROPHY 1
  • MELTING 1

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

Probably trying to be too cute.. but following how the radar is "pointing" .. heaviest qpf follows this general path? Looks like ICON haha.. yikes.  Maybe I shouldn't post this.

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne (2).png

I'll take your nowcast Clapper Tracker and raise you a grown up Snobal! 

image.png.81a87e408ec4d06b6e7d2ac8061495cf.png

• LIKE 5
  • LAUGH 2
  • TROPHY 2

• Meteorologist
3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Probably trying to be too cute.. but following how the radar is "pointing" .. heaviest qpf follows this general path? Looks like ICON haha.. yikes.  Maybe I shouldn't post this.

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne (2).png

Will certainly be interesting to see if it sets up in that corridor. Your northern red line looks indeed to be the northern cutoff.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, clm said:

I heard this a long time ago and continue to repeat it.  A bad day at fishing is better than a good day at work.

I was sitting in a treestand on opening day of archery season a few years ago and after sitting there all day and seeing zero deer and multiple hikers, I decided I'd rather be at work. At least I don't have to get up three hours before daylight and hike a mile or two up the mountain and sit in a tree stand with no coffee when I'm at work.

I didn't hunt again for several years. So I'm not sure I believe your quote.

Edited by Tater
  • LAUGH 2

24 minutes ago, Burr said:

Euro showed the weaker southern solution first, and I’m pretty sure it was laughed at and dismissed.  “Why are we looking at global when it’s time to look at the short term models”, etc.?

Dude, the Euro was way far north always. Then rocketed south, and really weak inside 12 today.  That was my point. See any other models weak? Then, came back north tonight.

5 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Dude, the Euro was way far north always. Then rocketed south, and really weak inside 12 today.  That was my point. See any other models weak? Then, came back north tonight.

Was that just this morning?  I’m old and tired… thought that surprising run happened last night as the other models had just begun their drift back to the south.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, ionizer said:

This rain is raining on my parade.

Can I get some map candy for central NJ?

For you, an NJ closeup.  It’ll stay wet overnight before switching over from NW to SE early in the morning.

IMG_2512.jpeg

Just now, Burr said:

Was that just this morning?  I’m old and tired… thought that surprising run happened last night as the other models had just begun their drift back to the south.  🤷‍♂️

Just late morning today bud😀. All good. That was when the cliff jumping occurred, over the horrible Euro. Hence why i said enough of the long rangers. Back in the old days, we would start ignoring them day of , for the most part 👍

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, Burr said:

For you, an NJ closeup.  It’ll stay wet overnight before switching over from NW to SE early in the morning.

IMG_2512.jpeg

That is not the eye candy I came for.

2-3" does t get me up in the morning (no pun intended)