February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

11 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

That’s okay wait and it will a change again…. 

join us for  another thrilling day of as the models turn………

When will we find out if the GFS slept with the Euro and if Snobal is really the father of the NAM?  🤪

• LIKE 1

16 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

I want the pattern change I was promised. 😄 This just looks more like the rest of the winter. 

😄 there, used my daily allowed complaint/bittercast. 🙂

Its been the theme of like every winter recently lol. Less so focus these days on "if" there will be a changeover/mix to a "how much of" a mix/changeover lol. Perhaps 2017 was my last pure snow event of memory.

• LIKE 1
  • SAD 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

1) If a GLC could setup a better storm for the 15-17 period I might be ok with it. 

2) that being said until those two piece MJ circled earlier are model on land, not holding my breath on any of these outcomes just yet. 

3) just yesterday I posted on this thread that other piece of energy was pushing this OTS and sort of suppressing this storm, today its totally different. 

many waffles to go. 

p.s more h5s, less sfc maps this far out. They troll hard and don’t show enough dynamics.

Edited by TLChip

1 minute ago, TLChip said:

1) If a GLC could setup a better storm for the 15-17 period I might be ok with it. 

2) that being said until those two piece MJ circled earlier are model on land, not holding my breath on any of these outcomes just yet. 

3) just yesterday I posted on this thread that other piece of energy was pushing this OTS and sort of suppressing this storm, today its totally different. 

many waffles to go. 

I'm game.  You bring the waffles, I'll bring the maple syrup (100% pure that is)

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Its been the theme of like every winter recently lol. Less so focus these days on "if" there will be a changeover/mix to a "how much of" a mix/changeover lol. Perhaps 2017 was my last pure snow event of memory.

really?  I don't remember the Dec 16th 2020 or the feb 1st 2021 storms changing over in our area.  

10 minutes ago, kdskidoo said:

really?  I don't remember the Dec 16th 2020 or the feb 1st 2021 storms changing over in our area.  

That 2021 storm i always forget.. how tf do i forget a 15", 2,3 day lo g storm? Well, have a 25", 18 hour storm a month and a half before it, thats how lol

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

That 2021 storm i always forget.. how tf do i forget a 15", 2,3 day lo g storm? Well, have a 25", 18 hour storm a month and a half before it, thats how lol

I don’t remember the 2020 storm…. Had to google it, maybe 6-8 IMBY. I actually think I made a trip to Philly and drove back through it.

2021 was 20+ for me, got stuck in a lingering band and remember it looked like the sky was just nuking snow. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

27 minutes ago, kdskidoo said:

The 2020 i believe i got around the 8 inch (which is great) mark but tis was the epic band that kept moving north even as it was progged by the models to sit over me and dump lol. Binghamton hit of course lol. It did end with a little changeover/mix as the warm air advection came further north 

• LIKE 1

32 minutes ago, kdskidoo said:

2021 was great around 10 inches here (danville). But it did change over at the end here in the riverbed. A weird micro climate in danville. Low elevation and on the river. Has to be the right system to stay all snow. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1