February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

Doomed. And he issues an update saying his map needs to be re-done. How can you re-do a final call map!!???LMAO  model hugger  

IMG_8989.jpeg

Edited by Rickrd
  • LAUGH 5
  • THUMBS DOWN 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1

7 minutes ago, Rickrd said:

Doomed. And he issues an update saying his map needs to be re-done. How can you re-do a final call map!!???LMAO  model hugger  

IMG_8989.jpeg

Yes but he knows about my secret anti snow dome….so we keep the one inch above my county.

• LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

0z nam looks like it wants to come and give me (danville) a last glimmer of hope before it retakes it away at 06z lol 

I'm trying to remove my bias of wanting snow, but that northern edge on NAM I think it pretty spot on from what I'm seeing with wind direction/temp gradient and extrapolating radar (where upstream fingers are pointing) .. holding out some hope the Port gets an 1" or 2.. that would definitely be great news for you if we did.

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20240213-0149-24-100.gif

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

I'm trying to remove my bias of wanting snow, but that northern edge on NAM I think it pretty spot on from what I'm seeing with wind direction/temp gradient and extrapolating radar (where upstream fingers are pointing) .. holding out some hope the Port gets an 1" or 2.. that would definitely be great news for you if we did.

For sure. Its going to be a storm where its a wake up and see what the final product was. Those are sometimes nice regardless of which way it falls. 

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

All the freakin work you put into this one from the start, you deserve to get snow!

• THUMBS UP 3

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

All the freakin work you put into this one from the start, you deserve to get snow!

That's the frustrating part, thinking of all the time, just to have the rug pulled out.  Let's be honest, chasing is more fun when you get some pay off. Times like these are like, what's the point.  Just being honest, thinking out loud.

• LIKE 2
  • DISAPPOINTED 2
  • MELTING 1
  • LOVE 2

Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
723 PM EST Mon Feb 12 2024

NJZ012-013-015-PAZ106-131330-
/O.UPG.KPHI.WW.Y.0006.240213T0800Z-240213T2000Z/
/O.EXA.KPHI.WS.W.0003.240213T0500Z-240213T2000Z/
Middlesex-Western Monmouth-Mercer-Lower Bucks-
Including the cities of New Brunswick, Freehold, Trenton,
Morrisville, and Doylestown
723 PM EST Mon Feb 12 2024

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 3 PM
EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7
  inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...In New Jersey, Middlesex, Western Monmouth and Mercer.
  In Pennsylvania, Lower Bucks.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 3 PM EST Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
  conditions could impact the morning commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Briefly heavy snow will be possible
  around the time of the morning commute, with snowfall rates of
  up to 1 inch per hour possible. There is uncertainty regarding
  snow amounts and how efficiently the snow will accumulate on
  roads, given mild temperatures with precipitation starting as
  rain overnight.
  • SNOWMAN 1

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

That's the frustrating part, thinking of all the time, just to have the rug pulled out.  Let's be honest, chasing is more fun when you get some pay off. Times like these are like, what's the point.  Just being honest, thinking out loud.

Agree man , sucks. Especially when it really looked like you guys were in the sweet spot for days.

• LIKE 3

3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Same here , it just feels like we are never going to get anything substantial. This one now goes south , clipper appears to far north . 

• &$!#% 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Sometimes you go fishing and catch a lunker, sometimes you don't catch anything, but still have a good time.

• LIKE 4
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

Sometimes you go fishing and catch a lunker, sometimes you don't catch anything, but still have a good time.

Sometimes that depends on what the guy down the shore, or in the kayak 20 yards away gets.  But yeah, I enjoy learning about these systems, usually regardless of what I get.  Until it's sunset and still nothing to bring home. 

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

• Meteorologist
10 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

I feel that, it happens wayyyy too often down here. I would send this north if I could as I do not want any part of this. 

• THANKS 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Sometimes that depends on what the guy down the shore, or in the kayak 20 yards away gets.  But yeah, I enjoy learning about these systems, usually regardless of what I get.  Until it's sunset and still nothing to bring home. 

Keep in mind we haven't had a widespread snow event over 6" in two years, some parts longer.  I feel like we've become Maryland here in CT. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3
  • MELTING 1