February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

5 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

More trendy stuff

trend-srefens-2024021215-f027.sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ma (1).gif

Storm needs to get here before it actually does end up in Cuba.

took everything off scheduled and closed office tomorrow. Let’s see how many people i can piss off and get bad reviews. Internet email muscles abound anymore. Had some moron leave us a bad one after the 8 incher last month because, um we could barely make it up his long, narrow driveway with a pack van and told him he had to get his driveway cleared so we could make it up the next day with the big truck. So he ripped us 👎

• THUMBS DOWN 2

16 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

took everything off scheduled and closed office tomorrow. Let’s see how many people i can piss off and get bad reviews. Internet email muscles abound anymore. Had some moron leave us a bad one after the 8 incher last month because, um we could barely make it up his long, narrow driveway with a pack van and told him he had to get his driveway cleared so we could make it up the next day with the big truck. So he ripped us 👎

Unenviable position. I was once a logistics manager for a distribution company (before becoming a state slacker) - seems like there was no way to please all parties 99% of the time

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist

I think I figured out how I will handle this tomorrow morning but it looks to be a rough drive once I get into PA. I really would not be surprised if they add warnings to cover the southern portion of PA and some areas of northern MD.

This will have been the second time of last minute winter storm warnings in a month. Not a good look.

Edited by so_whats_happening
  • THUMBS UP 2

UPDATED 7:46 p.m. EST

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TUESDAY/...
A significant southward shift in the 12Z EPS and 18Z operational
runs has resulted in a reduction in expected snowfall from the
upcoming storm over all but perhaps the Lower Susq Valley. Light
Spoiler

rain has overspread the southern tier counties as of 00Z in developing warm advection ahead of the surface low, which is centered over Eastern Tennessee. Lift starts to increase later this evening, as the 3H WSW wind/jet intensifies to >150KT over NY state and we get under it`s right entrance region. Based on latest guidance, have coordinated with neighboring offices to transition to lower snow amounts over much of Central PA and downgrade warnings/advisories north of I-80, where some guidance now indicates no precipitation at all. The potential for a period of heavy snow still exists over the Lower Susq Valley around the morning commute. Model soundings in this area support changeover by dawn, with 1-2inch/hour rates possible as band of strongest fgen forcing clips the southeast part of the state. The back edge of the snow should exit the southeast corner of the forecast area by late morning, as the surface low passes off the Delmarva Peninsula.

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Looking down south. The cutoff will be wild. Heavy returns to nada a mile or two north and west

KJKL - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 7_54 PM.gif

Totally can't wait to see it up here early tomorrow morning.  /sarc

• DISAPPOINTED 1

10 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:
UPDATED 7:46 p.m. EST

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TUESDAY/...
A significant southward shift in the 12Z EPS and 18Z operational
runs has resulted in a reduction in expected snowfall from the
upcoming storm over all but perhaps the Lower Susq Valley. Light
  Reveal hidden contents

rain has overspread the southern tier counties as of 00Z in developing warm advection ahead of the surface low, which is centered over Eastern Tennessee. Lift starts to increase later this evening, as the 3H WSW wind/jet intensifies to >150KT over NY state and we get under it`s right entrance region. Based on latest guidance, have coordinated with neighboring offices to transition to lower snow amounts over much of Central PA and downgrade warnings/advisories north of I-80, where some guidance now indicates no precipitation at all. The potential for a period of heavy snow still exists over the Lower Susq Valley around the morning commute. Model soundings in this area support changeover by dawn, with 1-2inch/hour rates possible as band of strongest fgen forcing clips the southeast part of the state. The back edge of the snow should exit the southeast corner of the forecast area by late morning, as the surface low passes off the Delmarva Peninsula.

Same here in Lehigh valley. 

41 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Not surprised. People seem to want something for nothing nowadays!