February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

If that shield can expand some on the north side, could eek out a few inches imby.. but the loop shows it is basically stationary at the IN/KY border . All you can do is monitor and hope for the best.

It looks like any shift northward won't happen.

• THANKS 1

36 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Icon Ensembles cave, though interesting the southern edge doesn't move much.  Not a huge difference for many.  Even Boston still 1"

trend-iconens-2024021218-f036.qpf_acc-mean-imp.us_state_ne_s.gif.71666764817ba561512b1bbc9f2ca0fc.gif

again, I am excited that QPF RN total is hanging steady in TR

Sigh 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Agree there. Does seem too small. Not really hitting a wall of confluence. 

Hence the posting of the rh at 500 with the winds. You can see it wrapping around from the north and the west, but in the green areas its pointed NE as opposed to E.  

image.thumb.png.2058fe47d0b6dde96ac9ee29bf16132d.png

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Hence the posting of the rh at 500 with the winds. You can see it wrapping around from the north and the west, but in the green areas its pointed NE as opposed to E.  

image.thumb.png.2058fe47d0b6dde96ac9ee29bf16132d.png

So that low over Michigan is moving east-southeast and halting any shift northward of this storm keeping it where it is.  If that's correct then this could still shift southward but not by much?

• Social Media Crew
Just now, JDClapper said:

Gah, 1 hour ahead of when I thought.  Down to advisory now.  Will be cancelled whilst sleeping.

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne (2).png

Our WSW downgraded from 4-8 to 3-5.. which makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Penn State said:

Our WSW downgraded from 4-8 to 3-5.. which makes sense. 

Our advisory is for "up to 2 inches" .. guess they are keeping it b/c of the timing.  South of here, the warning is for 2-7"  Never seen that range with a warning.  First time for everything with this one I guess.

• LIKE 1

10 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

So far my job is closed tomorrow, now waiting to see if kids school is closed! So excited for our first decent storm in years! ☃️☃️❄️❄️

Enjoy! I love the enthusiasm. So many folks in here starving for a snowstorm. Hope you and others get a fun snow day.

Advisory issued for Williamsport MD for possibly a few inches if we get lucky. Could disrupt schools tomorrow morning. Wait and see mode….plus check forum 100 times tonight to see who provides latest updates.

LGI! 

• LIKE 2
  • SNOWMAN 1

• Social Media Crew
3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Our advisory is for "up to 2 inches" .. guess they are keeping it b/c of the timing.  South of here, the warning is for 2-7"  Never seen that range with a warning.  First time for everything with this one I guess.

Even the 3-5 isn’t warning level for us usually.. I always thought 6 had to be in the realm of possibilities for warning criteria. 

• THINKING 1