February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

7 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Mentioned to you earlier my fear wasn’t the temps but the track. Needs to halt the south movement. Some short rangers have stopped it.

Bernie mentioned the disconnect of energy the Euro is showing and it allows the storm to slide east. This would have big consequences and there wouldnt be a lot of snow at all. T-12 hrs.... Ridiculous

8 minutes ago, longislander said:

Indeed, its going to be whiteout conditions.  Let's see if they close the LIE tonight.  If they don't, look for those pictures tomorrow morning of cars abandoned on the road and everyone walking to that Walmart.

That happened some years ago on the Brookhaven area.  Cars were stuck on LIE and 25.

1 minute ago, Rickrd said:

Bernie mentioned the disconnect of energy the Euro is showing and it allows the storm to slide east. This would have big consequences and there wouldnt be a lot of snow at all. T-12 hrs.... Ridiculous

There is a freakin disconnect with BRay and weather. He was the guy on the northern Euro track all along- even this morning!

• LIKE 2

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

There is a freakin disconnect with BRay and weather. He was the guy on the northern Euro track all along- even this morning!

was going to say the disconnect is that he's harping a global res model - at in close range. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

4 minutes ago, Squepp said:

Went from a winter storm watch to a winter weather advisory here. Not sure how I feel about that all things considered 

If your criteria for Warning is, say 6" in 24 hrs - and you mets think 5.99999 is tops, you get an advisory as opposed to warning.

It's really not a downgrade of any kind. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

He did say tho, even tho he never does, That he is throwing out the Euro.

• Admin
2 hours ago, WeatherFlash said:

If anyone misses the old NWS national radar.. this website will bring back those memories for you. Check out our storm..

https://www.eldoradoweather.com/radar/national-doppler-radar-full-resolution.html

Link to where that site gets it from. Layout stinks, but has regional and Doppler site views.

https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/standard/

SOUTHEAST_loop.gif.24464630d2d17abaa0dacd235b296b70.gif

5 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

If your criteria for Warning is, say 6" in 24 hrs - and you mets think 5.99999 is tops, you get an advisory as opposed to warning.

It's really not a downgrade of any kind. 

I also wish peeps would show the same precaution. I personally treat the Advisories and warnings similarly. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

7 minutes ago, Doorman said:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

COD-GOES-East-regional-southeast_08.20240212.203617-overmap-barsnone.thumb.gif.2cbe15b5de6901ec72e561d62a7a18ec.gif

system is pulling in some dry air into it ATM

keeping my eyes open for clues as the night progresses

dm

keeping my eyes open for clues as the night progresses

Yeah you got to think about the pros and cons. Listen here, you could be right and you could be wrong.

I'm the... 

I'm diggin the groove. Tommy