February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

4 minutes ago, Rickrd said:

Last SREF. Next run out soon I believe. Enjoy.... or hate. I don't care....🤪

sref-all-mean-massachusetts-total_snow_10to1-8041600.png

sref-all-mean-pennsylvania-total_snow_10to1-8041600.png

Also, please note that these are 10:1 outputs. I believe ratios will be at 10:1 or below except for our northern folks....

• THUMBS UP 2

A few of us posted why wouldn’t see this going north Friday/Saturday. I don’t think any of us saw this sagging so far south.

Was this the work of that piece of energy that came flying down MJ spoke about yesterday?

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, TLChip said:

A few of us posted why wouldn’t see this going north Friday/Saturday. I don’t think any of us saw this sagging so far south.

Was this the work of that piece of energy that came flying down MJ spoke about yesterday?

I may have mentioned watching out for the S shift. 👀

• THUMBS UP 5
  • TROPHY 1

3 minutes ago, TLChip said:

@RTC3-LAST CHANCE did. Kudos to him.... and to @LUCC

Edited by Rickrd
  • THUMBS UP 2

19 minutes ago, LUCC said:

I may have mentioned watching out for the S shift. 👀

I was thinking of your confluence posts this morning when I saw the newest model guidance, “I’ll be damned, LUCC nailed it.”

• LIKE 2

Just now, Burr said:

I was thinking of your confluence posts this morning when I saw the newest model guidance, “I’ll be damned, LUCC nailed it.”

Hoping we can squeeze out a couple inches with this one, need that R/S line to creep south of yes to cash in on those high rates. Definitely going to start off as rain and hopefully changeover quickly when the coastal gets cranking. We shall see, we have had our fair share of last minute shifts screwing us in the past, hoping a small last minute shift S during the event to cash in but only time will tell.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

23 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Yes, that piece, as was mentioned in the WPC Heavy Snow Discussion I posted this morning, is involved. 

The other big change is the upper trough tracking through
the Great Lakes. Guidance across the board shows this trough have
becoming stronger and allowing for less of a path for the upper
low to turn north farther up the coast thanks to strengthening
confluent flow. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

This water vapor satellite imagery is really impressive! Feeding moisture from the Pacific and Gulf straight up the coast.  With some impressive lifting already developing.  image.thumb.gif.60a04cf9ff71cb697653d67e1e491a2b.gif

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, LUCC said:

Hoping we can squeeze out a couple inches with this one, need that R/S line to creep south of yes to cash in on those high rates. Definitely going to start off as rain and hopefully changeover quickly when the coastal gets cranking. We shall see, we have had our fair share of last minute shifts screwing us in the past, hoping a small last minute shift S during the event to cash in but only time will tell.

How long it takes to change over is going to drastically affect you and me.  North of me won't see much rain if any at all.  Again, LI on that blasted rain/snow line

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, LUCC said:

I’m trying to remember where you are - Creamridge area? My folks are about 20 mins SW of you. Going to be a tight gradient 

Edited by Snowadelphia

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

TBH , little surprised at how high the amounts are for us, with a slightest se of benchmark track. Must be the angle it’s coming in at.

The post above yours tells a tale. This thing is scooping up some serious mid level and low level joo-joo. 

image.thumb.png.498189fe2db7267ddae57ab57ef3dc5b.png

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

TBH , little surprised at how high the amounts are for us, with a slightest se of benchmark track. Must be the angle it’s coming in at.

hitting overnight certainly helps...

Edited by Rickrd
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The post above yours tells a tale. This thing is scooping up some serious mid level and low level joo-joo. 

image.thumb.png.498189fe2db7267ddae57ab57ef3dc5b.png

Yea was just going to respond to my own post . A northern DelMarva track is a big hit for us. It is just that it doesn’t gain much latitude after that cuz of the stuff pouring in over the top i guess.