February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

Just now, JDClapper said:

It crazy how delicate this is .. ensembles always had those "duds" in there.  While low chance, not zero.  I'm still 51% confident this is just typical inside 48 hour headfake wiggles.  General idea of NPA through Southern NE being "the zone" probably occurs.  But hey, we'll know for sure Tuesday morning 🙂 

O/U on the number of early hour bathroom break check ins? 

• Social Media Crew

lol.. Ok.. So, if for nothing else I want this to come south to knock Rayno down a peg. That’s #1 lol.. but.. also because I could use a snow day. Let’s go NAM! 

• LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

O/U on the number of early hour bathroom break check ins? 

lol depends on when it starts snowing .. 1.5, I'll go with over b/c I'll wake up at 12:30 and it won't be doing nuthing.. then I'll wake up at 1:30 and it will be snowing.  I'm over 1.5 lol

• LOVE 1

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

lol depends on when it starts snowing .. 1.5, I'll go with over b/c I'll wake up at 12:30 and it won't be doing nuthing.. then I'll wake up at 1:30 and it will be snowing.  I'm over 1.5 lol

fair enough. I'm taking the over - it's a bowling night, no?? 

9 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

3k, while also south... not quite as extreme as 12k.

trend-nam4km-2024021118-f048.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

snku_acc-imp.us_ne (1).png

LOL, that has me in the 16-20" zone, LOL.  call me skeptical, if I get half that I'll be happy.  

1 minute ago, Penn State said:

lol.. Ok.. So, if for nothing else I want this to come south to knock Rayno down a peg. That’s #1 lol.. but.. also because I could use a snow day. Let’s go NAM! 

After euro came in he was "taking a break from X" .. last night he couldn't be on X enough.  We'll see.  But this would fool pretty everyone if 18z NAM verified.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

fair enough. I'm taking the over - it's a bowling night, no?? 

It is, but I bowled out due to a planned Band Boosters Meeting.. but have it on good authority that's being cancelled, so just sitting around starting at weather probably lol

22 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The South crowd is gonna wake up big time this run 

ZZZZZ.    ZZZZZZZZ  I just woke up….. anything happening. Engage anti  snow dome…..

• Moderators

Honestly I don't know how the pros do it.  The NAM with 12km resolution has 4" for me while the higher resolution 3km has 17".  The northern extent is what, 50 miles different? Same model, just different resolution?

models-2024021118-f054.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.thumb.gif.09d1fa7a9f4da0834eb1d014f6f1351e.gif

• LIKE 1
  • CYCLONE 1

3 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Honestly I don't know how the pros do it.  The NAM with 12km resolution has 4" for me while the higher resolution 3km has 17".  The northern extent is what, 50 miles different? Same model, just different resolution?

models-2024021118-f054.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.thumb.gif.09d1fa7a9f4da0834eb1d014f6f1351e.gif

Speaking of pros.. imagine posting this 15 minutes ago, and then the 18z 12k NAM comes out.

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne (1).png

snku_acc-imp.us_ne (2).png

snku_acc-imp.us_ne (1).png

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

I think it has to do with how it handles convection, and in this case, what's coming out of the SE. Either the NAM3 being a "convection model" is handling better and will be more "correct", or perhaps it's "CAM" qualities can make it go a little haywire in certain situations. This isn't a tropical system, but we all know what it does with those.  

I think if I was making decisions based on them, I'd cowardly split the difference.

• LIKE 3

5 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Thinking the old- timers would have done well with this one. Newer ones, cuz they hug, not so much. Holly really frustrates me . There are one or two really good ones that i luv to read, but the rest are shameless huggers, totally relying on model runs.