February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

1 hour ago, LiveWire_13 said:

I'd be OK with a few less inches if I could avoid smelling the rain every time here on LI. Kids can't make rain angels or rainmen, lol.

I agree.  Unfortunately that gulf stream wreaks havoc on us as well as the way LI is situated.

Maybe if we built a sea wall to block the gulf stream, that may help some? 🤪

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

I REFUSE to pay heed to anyone who can't differentiate the words "except" and "expect". 

I mean I know he uses all the correct letters - but to not use the word the that makes contextual sense (except), leaves me doubting his ability to put other basic concepts to use correctly.

2 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

I am old school law student where what you write actually matters. ONE wrong word can skew an entire page/chapter of text. So yeah, I'm "that guy" and will NEVER apologize for being so. 

What is an "aged prostrate"?

49 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The only advantage to an aged prostrate is that it gives a built in excuse to get out of bed at regular intervals, so you can check if it started yet. (double entendre is intentional btw) 

What the heck kind of forecast is this?  For Tuesday mix between 10 and 1, but then "a chance" of snow after 1pm.  However supposed to end before Tuesday night.  But i'm supposed to get 1 to 3 possibly????  😕

Monday Night
Rain, mainly after 4am. Low around 36. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 9 to 14 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tuesday
Rain before 10am, then rain and snow between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of snow after 1pm. High near 37. Breezy, with a northeast wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

2 minutes ago, clm said:

What the heck kind of forecast is this?  For Tuesday mix between 10 and 1, but then "a chance" of snow after 1pm.  However supposed to end before Tuesday night.  But i'm supposed to get 1 to 3 possibly????  😕

Monday Night
Rain, mainly after 4am. Low around 36. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 9 to 14 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tuesday
Rain before 10am, then rain and snow between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of snow after 1pm. High near 37. Breezy, with a northeast wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

That is known as a CYA forecast.  

16 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

Current radar. 

IMG_0592.gif

Texas is nuts. Snow in the NW, tornadoes in the SE. I forget how big of a state it actually is and the dynamics they undergo. 

Wife and I are taking a week and visiting her parents in Bloomingburg. Leaving this afternoon so we can stay ahead of the snow. Should be fun to watch whatever comes down. My father in law saying the tv mets have them in a 6-8” band. Mentioned it’ll take some time to start accumulating but the fact most of this will hit after dark helps a lot.  And they live in the mountains so that’s an added bonus. 

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 2