February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

25 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

6z euro.  Virtually the same as the last few euro runs.  Would love to see a 10-30 mile shift south 

IMG_0371.png

.  Euro has been pretty solid, hopefully this arctic injection of air will fuel this storm. I have ice all over the place in Pleasant mt this morning, 29.  Almost looks like we had some freezing rain overnight.  Hopefully we get a good snowstorm out of this and a nice 30-45 day run of wintry weather

Edited by NEPAsnow
  • LIKE 1

12 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

.  Euro has been pretty solid, hopefully this arctic injection of air will fuel this storm. I have ice all over the place in Pleasant mt this morning, 29.  Almost looks like we had some freezing rain overnight.  Hopefully we get a good snowstorm out of this and a nice 30-45 day run of wintry weather

As per always…you are in a great spot for this one. Pleasant mount never disappoints 

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

only posted because it had EFI snow index

I REFUSE to pay heed to anyone who can't differentiate the words "except" and "expect". 

I mean I know he uses all the correct letters - but to not use the word the that makes contextual sense (except), leaves me doubting his ability to put other basic concepts to use correctly.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

I REFUSE to pay heed to anyone who can't differentiate the words "except" and "expect". 

I mean I know he uses all the correct letters - but to not use the word the that makes contextual sense (except), leaves me doubting his ability to put other basic concepts to use correctly.

I didn't even catch that, maybe he hasn't had his morning coffee yet

2 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Right now, I'd like to show you one of my favorite cartoons. It's a sad depressing story about people in the MidAtlantic who spend every moment of their lives during winter in pursuit of  modeled snowstorms only to have their hopes repeatedly mocked and crushed...

image.png.568b260158cbad0cf6cff199860ada96.png

It me…

4 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

so the primary makes it to PITT and then transfers due east?  

I would say PITT is on the northern most envelope.  Probably somewhere between SW WV to very SW PA corner.

• Admin

I'll go on a little limb here.  The baroclinic zone appears about 20-40 miles south of what the NAM3 has it.   I'm thinking that the NAMs tick south with the 12z.

Screenshot_20240211_083355_Chrome.jpg

nam3km_T850_eus_8.png

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

I'll go on a little limb here.  The baroclinic zone appears about 20-40 miles south of what the NAM3 has it.   I'm thinking that the NAMs tick south with the 12z.

nam3km_T850_eus_8.png

Now THAT is forecasting as opposed to model hugging. 

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

27 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

I didn't even catch that, maybe he hasn't had his morning coffee yet

Likely

Still not a fan of "The Bern" - seems too much like a repackaged Henry for my taste. 

Maine Jay does more and better break down of the factors than any number of the pros, and Content WxGuy (formerly known as Cranky) adds great illustration to it all. Give me that level every day - and I'll pass on the "In Accu" bloggers. 

• LIKE 1
  • MELTING 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

nam3km_T850_eus_8.png

100% agree. I don't believe these models with how far north they are. I know it's warm leading up, but this cold push will set a BCZ further SE of that is being shown IMHO. This is not retreating cold, this is fresh cold filtering in. 

9 out of 10 times, the BCZ always ends up further SE then modeled with these scenarios. 

• THUMBS UP 2