February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

With these slight shifts like the GFS, and I’m saying this as someone who has read and watched every blessed word on these forums since accuweather, don’t they always do this about 3 days out? Because the long range models are getting out of range at this point? I might be making no sense whatsoever, but it seems to me, things get wacky about 3 days out but then come back somewhat to the original solution at storm time.

anyone remember the storm years and years ago the day after Christmas that the gfs had go out to sea and then late Xmas eve/early Xmas day it came back to the original solution? But everyone had already been like “snowstorm is cancelled”? Lol 

• LIKE 2

4 minutes ago, marathongoalie said:

Aftwr this event gfs is really bad if you like snow

Not sure why you are posting this negativism here, but ya might want to look at all the looks for 17-19, and 23-24. Both have real shots. Let’s concentrate negativism for this one 😀😀

• LAUGH 2
  • MELTING 1

5 hours ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Entire west coast swing been pretty bad. Back in the old days when they got weather, it was ours a few days later many times. That was back in the days before the Pac started taking ‘roids.

Feels like an eternity with the "pacific warm air flood", since 2015-16?   If anyone can explain what might change that in future years (back to a slower-flow blocky pattern), I'd appreciate the knowledge.  It's obvious on the water loops now how fast things seem.  

1 minute ago, SpaceSlave said:

Feels like an eternity with the "pacific warm air flood", since 2015-16?   If anyone can explain what might change that in future years (back to a slower-flow blocky pattern), I'd appreciate the knowledge.  It's obvious on the water loops now how fast things seem.  

Theories abound, but one that i have looked into quite a bit, cuz i have been bitching since the original Accu about the increasing PAC influence. There is an ever growing warm pool of water in western Pacific- growing rapidly. Really influencing. 
So storms like this one that were marginal 10 years ago, are struggling more now. 
Again, not the place for this, but in mid - Feb with this track, should be seeing more white than wet. Also messing with Mr. Overrated anymore- MJO.

1 hour ago, Wtkidz said:

Well I may just get 10 flakes if I am lucky.

red dot in that light blue area in Virginia  is approx location of my home. 

usually we are under  the grey. Must be something weird

IMG_0587.png

Looks like NSW isn’t expecting much more than some wet snowflakes here in Hagerstown MD area, so I feel your pain there Wtkidz. I’ll be closer to the snow so maybe I can climb up on my roof and watch the snow pile up in PA, lol. 
Rooting for folks north of me to get snow! Happy if someone, anyone gets snow at this point!IMG_6488.thumb.png.e60939f2a132f57d667e6c970ccbdee6.png

6 minutes ago, DanaEaves said:

With these slight shifts like the GFS, and I’m saying this as someone who has read and watched every blessed word on these forums since accuweather, don’t they always do this about 3 days out? Because the long range models are getting out of range at this point? I might be making no sense whatsoever, but it seems to me, things get wacky about 3 days out but then come back somewhat to the original solution at storm time.

anyone remember the storm years and years ago the day after Christmas that the gfs had go out to sea and then late Xmas eve/early Xmas day it came back to the original solution? But everyone had already been like “snowstorm is cancelled”? Lol 

Model Hugging is a lifelong debilitating disease.

😂

Its is mostly spread by adult men who reside in their mothers basement and troll weather forums daily

At least that's what my mamma told me!!!!!

• FLUSHED 1
  • LAUGH 5
  • LOVE 1

15 minutes ago, DanaEaves said:

I don't think you're imagining this.  Maybe we could argue the days lead time of where it makes whacky changes (i.e., "mid-range crisis") but tbh, this season I've found that the general idea about 48 hours has verified pretty closely.  Soooo.. maybe I should take solace in the below.

sn10_024h-prob04.us_ne (1).png

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne (2).png

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne (1).png

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne (1).png

• LIKE 2

2 minutes ago, Doorman said:

😂

Its is mostly spread by adult men who reside in their mothers basement and troll weather forums daily

I'm waiting for the reply with the photo of a well known towel thrower.  🤪

• LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, TheComet said:

Hi we’re in Rio de Janeiro right now until. I heard MBY will get clobbered 😂. Nothing better than to come home to a snowed in driveway after summer in the southern hemisphere and temps in mid 90’s

Rio sounds fun right about now 🎉😏

Look around for Carlos aka @polarvortex

• LOVE 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Doorman said:

😂

image.png.5614da7abc3cb93dc0de69234e4ea9f1.png

Edited by StretchCT
  • TROPHY 4
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Rio sounds fun right about now 🎉😏

Look around for Carlos aka@polarvortex

sorry @polarvortex  tagged the wrong user.  What was Carlos's handle again?  Did he delete his profile?  Swear he came over for a few months before disappearing.

Edited by StretchCT

• Moderators
Just now, LongIslanGurlllll said:

And I rather enjoyed today, even got in a hike but it was far colder on the island than they forecasted 

Sea breeze?  Would have been warmer if the sun were completely out today, but it was rather overcast with parts of blue.

This one ain’t done messing with heads. You have a cold ( ok, cool front😀) pressing in late tomorrow. Then, it is exactly where secondary pops. AND we have a stream up north. Models showing juice , AND lots of wind. Sooo, if we go Del Marvelous with secondary, it’s good. We pull cold air if it juices. If not, we don’t. 

Oh, i sent RickRd updates from church again. Heathen 😀

• LAUGH 2
  • THANKS 1

15 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

This one ain’t done messing with heads. You have a cold ( ok, cool front😀) pressing in late tomorrow. Then, it is exactly where secondary pops. AND we have a stream up north. Models showing juice , AND lots of wind. Sooo, if we go Del Marvelous with secondary, it’s good. We pull cold air if it juices. If not, we don’t. 

Oh, i sent RickRd updates from church again. Heathen 😀

11th commandment - GFS shalt not toy with our emotions

• LAUGH 1