February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

2 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

Honestly after the last two years wouldn’t it just be nice to have a decent snow  Not major just 2-4” , 3-6” or 4-8 “.

This not directed  at any body. 

Just a general comment

Honestly this is probably the most level headed group I found. 

there’s Facebook groups I’m in, and other places like American wx. If it’s not 8+ no one really cares (mainly mid ATL and Philly crews). Everything has to be historic for any excitement. Historic is historic for a reason. They expect that 30” storm every year

• LIKE 5
  • LOVE 2

1 minute ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

GFS with minor adjust it seems. Pretty QPF laden through the OH Vly - thermally has gains and losses both ways so...

IMBY, GFS just made a major eye opener. Creates a finger of 6 to 8 inch snow down through north central MD. Its like the opposite of snow dome. I call BS atm, but we'll see

Just now, Undertakerson2.0 said:

WHUMP!

A very fast and furious thumpage in the wee hours of Tues a.m. over CTP. Clapper and I get hit hard with near 1"/Hr rates from about 1-3 A.M. 

image.thumb.png.0b0c4b928b3cb2a7ea6cf9a731b3330f.png

Yeah, the quickness is something I'm trying to grapple with in my head, how it will pan out.  Like a 6 hour event .. if you want to push near 10" it's gotta go like 2"/hr almost the entire time.  Seems unlikely, but hey, I'm here for it.  lol

• THUMBS UP 2

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

that's the one that I'm "wanting" more than this. But man is it hot garbage on the models RN

It is. In my experience down this way, it’s better for a system to look suppressed at this stage than to see a cutter. Once this clears out we will have a better picture.

Edited by Snowadelphia

1 minute ago, marathongoalie said:

Fwiw to anyone 

Screenshot_20240210_110506_X.jpg

This was already posted above, but I love seeing "The forecaster formerly known as Cranky" maps.

He, above all others, does the "cave man art" map thing THE BEST. You don't really even need his words to understand the message he is conveying. 

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

This is at its warmest for 850 temps, before it transfers and blows up.

There is a slight uptick in temps 

trend-gfs-2024021012-f063.850th.us_ne.gif.6e639737ab71b2974bf0eb51bfa0ebf1.gif

Same with the 925s.  Just a speck warmer/0 line a bit 10 miles north or so.  This is as precip is entering PA. It drops after this everywhere.

image.gif.3a1c7ccffd85b2b800793d83e99cc945.gif

The track of the 925 and 850 lows are key to keeping it cold enough to snow, assuming it snows hard enough to overcome >32f surface temps.

Edited by StretchCT