February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

AccuWx Pre Valentines Storm

hey, let's just close this thread outright.  AccuWx has posted an article on I saw on yahoo along with "27 eight-by-ten color glossy photographs
With circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one Explaining what each one was to be used as evidence" so there is not need to proceed any further.  

The hype machine has been activated.  

• THUMBS UP 2

2 minutes ago, Miller A said:

hey, let's just close this thread outright.  AccuWx has posted an article on I saw on yahoo along with "27 eight-by-ten color glossy photographs
With circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one Explaining what each one was to be used as evidence" so there is not need to proceed any further.  

And then he looked at the seeing eye dog...

• THINKING 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

6 minutes ago, Miller A said:

They will hold to that forecast even when there are several inches in all the wrong places. Saying they were right… no pun intended.

Edited by Wtkidz
  • LAUGH 1

I only made it maybe 1/2 way into the article. After saying it could be weak or could be a big storm… I knew that they knew as much as us! But we are way more fun to hang with so I exited. 

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 2

• Moderators

So far... southern system ULL a little SE of where it's been(?) Vorticity and heights behind it a little further south. 1st SW in the north is a little further along. Second SW is still not so organized but seems further south. Heights look pretty flat out over by NEMA.  That SW over the lakes probably won't help that. 

trend-gfs-2024020818-f075.500hv.conus.thumb.gif.9b0920a476bd00b862250860bd03db47.gif

• Moderators

You can see compared to the EURO how squashed it is from the north. SER is stronger on the Euro too. Big timing difference with energy over NE CAN and BC/PACNW

models-2024020818-f096.500hv.conus.gif.03c608098f1143c98bb1370f41c44193.gif

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

Seems a bit north, might just be faster, will have to check qpf/snow trend

Yup, def north.  Heck, ISP went from 0 to 1.0 QPF

trend-gfs-2024020818-f126.qpf_024h-imp.us_ne.thumb.gif.54ba824be902af01850aceeb2b8be943.gif