February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

4 minutes ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

The northern stream got out ahead and provided the confluence. Then the southern stream just amped up.

Man. I’m looking at it backwards. So the northern piece actually shifted it south and colder. 

• THUMBS UP 2

4 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

Storm still being there is all that matters

Agree. My concern is my wife and I will be out of the country and our young adult college son will be in charge of house and 11 y/o sibling. First time we would be away during a snowstorm, so want to prep him on what to expect at this juncture. Of course at T - 5 days things are bound to change. Just keeping a close eye for now. Thanks 

5 minutes ago, TheComet said:

Agree. My concern is my wife and I will be out of the country and our young adult college son will be in charge of house and 11 y/o sibling. First time we would be away during a snowstorm, so want to prep him on what to expect at this juncture. Of course at T - 5 days things are bound to change. Just keeping a close eye for now. Thanks 

Pack the Skis in the car and Head to Elk Mtn, JK

• LAUGH 1

14 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Knocked on another door and got some M&Ms. Will see what wake and bake has to dole out in the morning. 

Its not Halloween yet.

• Meteorologist

huh looks interesting, im not so sure yet if this will be a mid atlantic special. Where is the cold air?

The clipper looks fun and so does around 18th-20th though, that will probably be our storm.

Edited by so_whats_happening
  • LIKE 1

I've been absent from much of the conversation, but I just watched Bernie Rayno's YT video to learn about the machinations at play. Looks like the latest GFS has that northern steering piece less dominant and limiting the northward arc, more akin to the Euro.

Here's a snapshot of imby during the peak of the "snow". As we can see, the algo calls for "snow" - yet the sounding temps show above freezing with a totally saturated sounding well up into the high levels. An example of heavy rates over taking the thermals, as it crashes enough cold downward through the column. image.thumb.png.36194b48a3aac2eed1c6c1954d72c8d0.png

• LIKE 2

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

(inhale sound) Fffffffttt

(exhale sound) Ahhhhhh

Now, how's the Wake&Bake run going?

Wow man... like.... it's different maaaaan.

image.thumb.png.217848b1aa8c283b4a85cf0ceed85a35.png

Hey man, this run is gonna harsh my mellow. 

EPS bringing the good stuff a little farther north.

ens_2024020800_ne_24h_sfi_SFC_144.png

• LOVE 1