February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

9 hours ago, JDClapper said:

Liking the mood change over the past 12-24 hours! Cmon 12z, dont crap the bed.

But indeed, it did crap the bed.

🤣

Speaking for my zone and south of course. 

• THUMBS UP 5

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JDClapper said:

I want the pattern change I was promised. 😄 This just looks more like the rest of the winter. 

Yep, unfortunately that's been a common theme for the past few winters. If I had an inch of snow for every time the pattern change was just two weeks away, I'd have to be calling Katy for a rescue.

KatyAndTheBigSnow.jpg

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2
  • LOVE 1

23 minutes ago, Tater said:

Yep, unfortunately that's been a common theme for the past few winters. If I had an inch of snow for every time the pattern change was just two weeks away, I'd have to be calling Katy for a rescue.

KatyAndTheBigSnow.jpg

I've gone through withdrawal symptoms but I think I'm beginning to get over my winter storm tracking addiction (well have no choice really). My skis are sitting in my garage collecting dust. Let's see if I will use them at all this winter. For some reason the lack of natural snow and all the rain doesn't motivate me to hit the slopes. I do welcome the sun and dry period lately thanks to the block. I bet the conditions are not that good at the PA ski resorts. Skiing in ice is no fun, and I ain't no spring chicken to take all those falls on hard ice like I used to when I was younger physically speaking.

• LIKE 2
  • SAD 1

55 minutes ago, Tater said:

KatyAndTheBigSnow.jpg

Wow is that a blast from the past.  I remember that.  Forgot all about it until I saw this.

48 minutes ago, TheComet said:

I've gone through withdrawal symptoms but I think I'm beginning to get over my winter storm tracking addiction (well have no choice really). My skis are sitting in my garage collecting dust. Let's see if I will use them at all this winter. For some reason the lack of natural snow and all the rain doesn't motivate me to hit the slopes. I do welcome the sun and dry period lately thanks to the block. I bet the conditions are not that good at the PA ski resorts. Skiing in ice is no fun, and I ain't no spring chicken to take all those falls on hard ice like I used to when I was younger physically speaking.

It’s actually been substantially better than the last several winters in south central, PA.  My kids have almost 200 runs logged already.  Last year they only got about 100 total because they kept “pausing operations.”  Now, is that a result of the actual weather or did vail finally start making more snow?  That I cannot answer. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

8 minutes ago, twinmama08 said:

It’s actually been substantially better than the last several winters in south central, PA.  My kids have almost 200 runs logged already.  Last year they only got about 100 total because they kept “pausing operations.”  Now, is that a result of the actual weather or did vail finally start making more snow?  That I cannot answer. 

In all fairness it’s been colder this winter.

• THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, Rickrd said:

Yikes. I stand corrected. 
boom. I give up. 

Northern stream interjects just at the right time to push the lp w-e with interjection of cold. Just gonna be hard to know if that'll still be the case in a couple days. 

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Rickrd said:

Southern Energy got out front of northern energy pulling in cold air rapidly. 

The northern stream got out ahead and provided the confluence. Then the southern stream just amped up.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1