February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

WSW for 4-8" and lucky if we get to 4" by the look of things, can't complain, 2 days ago was expecting less than an inch. Nice to see it snowing and everything white again, some totals coming in from NW of here are impressive.

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

Good morning! 
im going to guess the late south shift on the models didn’t happen? Because my aunt, who lives just outside of Poughkeepsie, NY has about 10 inches at the moment, and my friend who lives in montague (high point) has a foot. Glad I didn’t call them both last night and call the snow off! LOL!

we’re in stanhope, right where sussex county meets Morris. There’s about 5-6 inches out there now! Very exciting! 

• LIKE 1

15 minutes ago, Rickrd said:

AI model did a good job with this one IMO. Look out for for this Saturday. AI is saying the storm is too far north.

What does it show for the Saturday storm? Want to post in that thread?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Don't think any had us with 9".

Stinkin GFS had us close for the 0z run. 8.8 Kuchera and 10.4 for 10:1.  Might have nailed PA  and NNJ too.  Real curious to see how it did on the southern edge and LI

gfs10.thumb.png.e4d64b84174e38fe61722cfeec9cec75.pnggfsk.thumb.png.d4370ceb5798c66ed803a4239d78a4b7.png

• LIKE 2

8 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Stinkin GFS had us close for the 0z run. 8.8 Kuchera and 10.4 for 10:1.  Might have nailed PA  and NNJ too.  Real curious to see how it did on the southern edge and LI

gfs10.thumb.png.e4d64b84174e38fe61722cfeec9cec75.pnggfsk.thumb.png.d4370ceb5798c66ed803a4239d78a4b7.png

Trenton nowhere near 10.1 or close to 7.8 for that matter.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

I also want to recognize the 21z SREF IMBY. Getting reports of 4-5 in Torrington which is about what this shows. While it says 8 for OXC, I can argue that it's 9 over my house.  Still wondering how SNJ and LI do.  Doubt Philly sees 7.

image.thumb.png.165e7373e88cfa7150dfc9ceead953f6.png

2 hours ago, StretchCT said:

Anyone lurking here north of I84 in CT, or in MA?  Whats going on up there, that wast he bust zone last night. Radar showing decent snow

Been snowing for a couple of hours but not adding up to much thus far. Does look good on the radar though. Pavement wet, grass just about covered.  Still have us for somewhere between 3-7".  No wind as yet either.

• DISAPPOINTED 1

Just now, StretchCT said:

I also want to recognize the 21z SREF IMBY. Getting reports of 4-5 in Torrington which is about what this shows. While it says 8 for OXC, I can argue that it's 9 over my house.  Still wondering how SNJ and LI do.  Doubt Philly sees 7.

image.thumb.png.165e7373e88cfa7150dfc9ceead953f6.png

Also, this is a 10:1 map. The concrete that we got in SCPA is probably less than that. The 6-7 it is showing for us would make sense with the condensed 3-4 inches we ended up with(using lower ratios).