February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

Went home early and workiing from home.  It was too bad out there to stay any longer.  Roads were not plowed very well.  Lots of plows driving around with the plows up.  And plenty of plowable snow on the roads.  

Lots of accidents and spinouts.  18 wheeler stuck on exit ramp.

Shoveled the driveway which had about 3, 4 inches on it.  Very very heavy and wet.

• SHOCKED 1

I got between 3 and 4" of heavy wet snow. Pretty impressive to me since it didn't changeover until right around 6 AM. It really came down when it finally fully switched. My third snowstorm in this range this year... Just over 10" for the season so way better than last year.

• SNOWMAN 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Would be funnier if the guy was square to the flamethrower. 

Not to be too much of a weather nerd, but why is the snow catching fire?

Got 9 inches of Snow and was very  heavy and wet.  snowblower got a workout.  Power was on and off all morning.  Numerous tree branches snapped off in the yard and around the neighborhood.   Thank you to everyone tracking this storm and providing excellent info.  

• LIKE 2
  • SHOCKED 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Not to be too much of a weather nerd, but why is the snow catching fire?

Not all of the fuel burns immediately, especially at short range. Thus it lays on whatever you point the nozzle of flamethrower at and burns til all the fuel is consumed.

• LIKE 1
  • FIRE 1

Major bust up this way. Yesterday we were under a winter storm warning with 10-16" of heavy wet snow forecast. Instead we got maybe an inch or so of heavy wet snow.  Perfect storm - happy for all you snow deprived types cashing in finally (and I spent like 10 minutes cleaning up instead of 2 hours).

• LIKE 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 2