February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

Here in Guthriesville, PA (Northern Chester County), this is the largest snowfall we’ve had in several years.  Estimate 5-6 inches have fallen since ~4a and it’s still snowing heavily.  Current temp hovering around 30F.  (Obligatory grill pic for reference).  

For those who have missed out for the last several years, hope you enjoy this one.  

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

• LIKE 4
  • SNOWMAN 4
  • LOVE 1

Abc27 from Harrisburg had this lazy, laughable map on their 5 am newscast. Notice at the top it says, your most accurate local forecast. HAHAHAHA. There are locations on this map that already have 10 inches, easily a foot will fall in the upper right quadrant when the storm is done in 2 hrs.  Link to video: https://www.abc27.com/weather/snowy-commute-this-morning-gives-way-to-a-breezy-afternoon/

Snow-Forecast-Map-2-3.webp

• FACEPALM 2
  • LAUGH 1

Just now, mikered30 said:

Abc27 from Harrisburg had this lazy, laughable map on their 5 am newscast. Notice at the top it says, your most accurate local forecast. HAHAHAHA. There are locations on this map that already have 10 inches, easily a foot will fall in the upper right quadrant when the storm is done in 2 hrs.  Link to video: https://www.abc27.com/weather/snowy-commute-this-morning-gives-way-to-a-breezy-afternoon/

Yeah - they have been disappointingly lazy with this one. When I watched the young guy last night it was as if he was pained to say the words they made him say 1-4".

They kept harping on pre game warmth - I hope to NEVER hear that again (though I know I will) It CAN and WILL snow directly behind very warm. It happened Easter 1970 for me and I never forgot it. It even happened in Lubbock TX two days ago (I made a post about it in here in fact) 

No wonder m F&F tell me that I'm the only one they trust when it comes to calling the numbers. 

Oh crap, as I type this, the winds are def kicking up 

• TROPHY 1

6 minutes ago, mikered30 said:

Absolutely hilarious.  Listened to the video, and that needs to be on a parody page.

• Meteorologist

Made it back roads werent terrible, not great but not bad. There were just wayyyy too many people out though, not understanding that one. Rough estimate looks like about 3.5" maybe 4 and still coming down should end up probably close to 5 before all is done.

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

Turned from rain to snow around 530 here.  Maybe an inch has accumulated on the grass.  Nothing on roads or driveway.  Almost over.  Better than nothing.

• LIKE 5

• Admin
14 minutes ago, so_whats_happening said:

Made it back roads werent terrible, not great but not bad. There were just wayyyy too many people out though, not understanding that one. Rough estimate looks like about 3.5" maybe 4 and still coming down should end up probably close to 5 before all is done.

Probably closing in on 7" here I think.

Edited by Phillyfan
  • LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

Vernon, NJ update…8.5” on the ground…picked up 1.5” last hour.

Still snowing at 1-2” p/hr rates.  Will be interesting what we end up with as we were reduced to 5-8” yesterday evening.

IMG_6088.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

• LIKE 4
  • TROPHY 1
  • SNOWMAN 2
  • LOVE 2

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, Phillyfan said:

Probably closing in on 7" here I think.

Nice! Yea that slightly later changeover down here really made an impact. Big flakes falling may squeak to about 4.5.

This thing really is booking it.