February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

Just now, MDWxWatcher said:

Sterling backed down on their initial watch issuance in my area.  Now a WWA for 2-4" with amounts up to 5" near the PA line.  I am guessing this will keep up until we are underway with this one.

If  it pans out the way the short range models show, we’ll be upgraded at some point probably. 

Ok let me see if I have this correct.  ALL of LI on a flood advisory/warning?  The only way that could ever happen is if a tsunami were to hit and engulf the entire Island under water.  🤦‍♂️

image.png.c0cb6b77e4dcac6e39833a52112f7846.png

Just now, tcari394 said:

They already bumped us to a WWA, 2-4.. but I think we both know it's looking like 0 - 0.

Yep, its toast. Acceptance phase is going well mourning with NCPa/CPA friends. Thanks buds lol

• LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Burr said:

My Holly as of an hour ago is not buying the colder model runs

IMG_2500.jpeg

Is there a model still showing this solution? I get that meteorology is more than model reading but I feel like all models have the heavy snow axis way south of this. 

45 minutes ago, LiveWire_13 said:

As a layperson, I'm not sure I follow. Everything I read/heard last week was pointing out how warm the boundary layers were by the coast. Didn't matter if upper levels were cold if warm ocean air was keeping us toasty.

Central Suffolk projected to 48 degrees high but sitting at 44 degrees now. Would that cause transition away from rain earlier tonight?

Sorry for the confusion. Was mote referring yo inland areas. Further south and east you are the later the transition because of what you mentioned. It was more to the fact that in WAA situations , doesn’t really matter much your temps pre storm were lower than expected. Once the wind direction changes , WAA just overwhelms, and fast. So this is the opposite, where cold in invading, not departing. Therefore lower highs may help a tad.

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, kdskidoo said:

in all the years you've been tracking storms did you ever go from being fringed to the south to worrying about the rain snow line and then to possibly being shutout all in 2 days time?

Yes... plenty of times.. It sucks...

• LIKE 2

18 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Just working on the acceptance phase of completely whiffing on this one.

in the years you've been tracking storms have you ever had one that you were worried about being fringed to the south to worrying about the rain snow line to possibly being completely shutout to the south all in a 2 day span? 

7 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Sorry for the confusion. Was mote referring yo inland areas. Further south and east you are the later the transition because of what you mentioned. It was more to the fact that in WAA situations , doesn’t really matter much your temps pre storm were lower than expected. Once the wind direction changes , WAA just overwhelms, and fast. So this is the opposite, where cold in invading, not departing. Therefore lower highs may help a tad.

So in a nutshell, you have boiling water, throw in something frozen and immediately the boiling stops?

24 minutes ago, clm said:

I haven't seen that deep a blue over LI in a long time

Indeed, its going to be whiteout conditions.  Let's see if they close the LIE tonight.  If they don't, look for those pictures tomorrow morning of cars abandoned on the road and everyone walking to that Walmart.

• THUMBS UP 1