February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

8 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Could be this (assume precip on 2/13 by 12z) - combine with my thoughts relative to temps. You simply have hard time Wet Bulbing to <32, so impact and accumulation is very tough, as Doorman recently illustrated with that graphic of his. 

EDIT: corrected screen shot to show Phila, not Hbg

Screenshot 2024-02-12 082526.png

This hitting during the nighttime will help but temps will have to crash hard. It hasn’t been below freezing here - even at night - in at least five days 

Edited by Snowadelphia

Just now, Anthonyweather said:

Hrrr again, folding the NW quadrant of the precip shield, and focusing the heaviest snows on east central PA. 

Just now, Undertakerson2.0 said:

HRRR trends

trend-hrrr-2024021206-f039.sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.gif

Just now, Anthonyweather said:

Hrrr again, folding the NW quadrant of the precip shield, and focusing the heaviest snows on east central PA. 

^

Does anyone have the 6Z Euro that can posit it? I'm curious how big of a shift we're talking about with it... I still have a hard time buying accumulating snow down here in Lancaster county but it's getting interesting. I have to drive to Reading tomorrow to pick up my son so this is one time I'd like it to stay warm.

Just now, Harley8778 said:

Does anyone have the 6Z Euro that can posit it? I'm curious how big of a shift we're talking about with it... I still have a hard time buying accumulating snow down here in Lancaster county but it's getting interesting. I have to drive to Reading tomorrow to pick up my son so this is one time I'd like it to stay warm.

IMG_1668.png

• TROPHY 1

1 minute ago, Harley8778 said:

I wouldn't want to drive Lancaster to Reading tomorrow AM if I were you. 7-10 AM will likely be dumping

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, AceGikmo said:

I wouldn't want to drive Lancaster to Reading tomorrow AM if I were you. 7-10 AM will likely be dumping

I'm hoping I can delay and get him in the afternoon after it's over... We'll see. Trying to get him to come home today but I don't think it's going to work out.

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, Harley8778 said:

I'm hoping I can delay and get him in the afternoon after it's over... We'll see. Trying to get him to come home today but I don't think it's going to work out.

It would be wise to go with today or tomorrow afternoon after it's over.

• LIKE 1

My uncle works for Robbinsville public works in CNJ, hates the snow because he has to put in long hours, alerted him to the south shift in models and he said we are only going to get rain. Hopefully he is a bit shocked when he hears about the S shift of the models and snow. 😂

19 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

I was SOOO"O"O wrong yesterday about the cessation of the S trending. 

Hush puppies and Sweet tea… gets you every time… 
sorry…….Not…..

• FACEPALM 1