February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

1 minute ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

It's almost embarrassingly sad for the Old Professor

He wonders why no one listens when he shouts at the clouds...

trend-ukmet-2024021112-f084.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

Used to be so good back in the day when either you or MJ started the professor name. He's lost it. Hopefully he returns to old form.

10 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

My friends get back tomorrow from The Villages. I told them to enjoy it while they can - we got an "issue" waiting for them when they land tomorrow morning. (I am their ride home from airport) 

That pick up sounds like it could be a little dicey, maybe they land before the snow starts up? 

Hopefully pickup goes smooth..I'm trying enjoy every last bit of this warmth 

Heard it's been a nice weekend up there 

Just now, HVSNOWSTORM said:

Used to be so good back in the day when either you or MJ started the professor name. He's lost it. Hopefully he returns to old form.

MJ was the one who would mention that it was 2d highest ver score model at one point. Not sure exactly where the Prof name came from. It was an old HS friend who used to call me "professor" but I can't remember my pinning that to the UKM. Sounds like something any number of us might have coined? 

• LIKE 1

50 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Again, as RTC said yesterday (as did a few others) The models do stray at Hr72 and then stumble back towards the original idea. 

trend-gdps-2024021100-f072.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

I would say it definitely goes north almost every storm. But it over corrects North then goes back south a bit.

Also we have seen a few times this year where once we are approaching the storm starting. It just north north north on the models, has happened a few times this year where nyc was getting hopes up 24 hours out then the models kept going north and nyc ended as all rain.

Just now, tool483 said:

That pick up sounds like it could be a little dicey, maybe they land before the snow starts up? 

Hopefully pickup goes smooth..I'm trying enjoy every last bit of this warmth 

Heard it's been a nice weekend up there 

I thought I had to pick them up Tues and that is when the storm - tomorrow will be prestorm still.

Yes it's been a fine weekend here - 60 both days so no complaints. I used to get to Fl every Feb for a few years but got tired of the days where it would be 65 and WiNDY and feel like 48, so I started going in March instead. 

A GIF of the past 4 GEFS - SLP focused (a gif of the gefs as it were) 

trend-gefsens-2024021112-f042.sfcmslp-meanmem.us_ne.gif

10 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

It's almost embarrassingly sad for the Old Professor

He wonders why no one listens when he shouts at the clouds...

trend-ukmet-2024021112-f084.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

Almost feels like there was an upgrade gone wrong .. b/c even if they left it alone from 3-5 years ago, you'd think it would be looking closer to consensus than it does.

Just now, JDClapper said:

Almost feels like there was an upgrade gone wrong .. b/c even if they left it alone from 3-5 years ago, you'd think it would be looking closer to consensus than it does.

I still blame the whole Brexit fiasco LOL 

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

@JDClapper what's your thoughts for your back yard. Seems your in an area where models have big hit generally. Then east over the NPA/ NY Border into the Catskills, HV.

I'm always cautious on the "big" amounts, so much can go wrong.. feeling good for 5-7" even if the band doesn't directly hit .. of course, possible double up if that band enjoy a stay in West Susquehanna Valley overnight.

Thinking I should try to get to bed at a normal time (10, 10:30) b/c Lord knows I'll be waking up every hour looking at the window, and once I see it dumping, that's all the sleep I'm getting Monday lol

• LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Also, the CMC kicking and screaming back in CPA and not showing "crazy" amounts, gives some slight pause.  Then I look at GEFS/EPS/NAM and feel better.

Lol toss the cmc/rgem. Been lost for days and only now are they even getting a clue. And moving towards other guidance.

• BOMBOGENESIS 1

Just now, JDClapper said:

I'm always cautious on the "big" amounts, so much can go wrong.. feeling good for 5-7" even if the band doesn't directly hit .. of course, possible double up if that band enjoy a stay in West Susquehanna Valley overnight.

Thinking I should try to get to bed at a normal time (10, 10:30) b/c Lord knows I'll be waking up every hour looking at the window, and once I see it dumping, that's all the sleep I'm getting Monday lol

I agree. More than 4" for you. Likely 5-10". Possibly more with the band.

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

The only advantage to an aged prostrate is that it gives a built in excuse to get out of bed at regular intervals, so you can check if it started yet. (double entendre is intentional btw) 

• LAUGH 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

Well in keeping with the day…..

here is what happening pregame for my area

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

Latest radar trends show light rain is on its way out, much
quicker than indicated by guidance, and it should exit the area
by 18Z. However, a thick overcast will persist as light onshore
flow. Patchy light drizzle will likely develop along the east
slopes of the Appalachians and Blue Ridge Mountains particularly
tonight and Monday morning before steadier rain arrives again
Monday afternoon. Little diurnal temperature range is expected
today or tonight.
  • MELTING 1

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The only advantage to an aged prostrate is that it gives a built in excuse to get out of bed at regular intervals, so you can check if it started yet. (double entendre is intentional btw) 

Hahaha this is hilarious 

Ukie must have no snow from the main low and only coastal. Cuz CPA it gives zero snow to. Looks like it's stating to figure it out but not there yet still late to the game like rgem cmc.

0z vs 12z

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne (4).png

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne (3).png