February 12-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

2 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Likely

Still not a fan of "The Bern" - seems too much like a repackaged Henry for my taste. 

Maine Jay does more and better break down of the factors than any number of the pros, and Content WxGuy (formerly known as Cranky) adds great illustration to it all. Give me that level every day - and I'll pass on the "In Accu" bloggers. 

Curious why you're not feeling the Bern. Not idolizing anyone, nor do I know Henry, but it seems like he looks at underlying details, clearly states his thoughts w/o hedging and uses experience. 

My thought is I use a number of sources, including him and y'all, to consider what Mother Nature is throwing at us.

1 minute ago, LiveWire_13 said:

Curious why you're not feeling the Bern. Not idolizing anyone, nor do I know Henry, but it seems like he looks at underlying details, clearly states his thoughts w/o hedging and uses experience. 

My thought is I use a number of sources, including him and y'all, to consider what Mother Nature is throwing at us.

I'm sorry I mentioned it...

Moving on to storm talk - some waggle seen, kind of the same in the end? 

trend-gfs-2024021112-f048.prateptype_cat-imp.us_ne.gif

Edited by Undertakerson2.0

1.5 precip amounts at 10:1 would be like 17" at 30 degrees or am I off ?

Temp monday night mid 20 to high of 30 on Tuesday, should have some changing rates overnight and thru day maybe.

Edited by NEPAsnow

When i was a lad, i used to fret about the warmth before, and think no way we get a snowstorm. Many moons later , memory says they turned out to be some of the great ones. Whoever stays just north of the “smell the rain” line going to see some serious rates. This is warm vs. cold clash . Fav type of storms are rain to snow ones. 

• LIKE 2

2 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

When i was a lad, i used to fret about the warmth before, and think no way we get a snowstorm. Many moons later , memory says they turned out to be some of the great ones. Whoever stays just north of the “smell the rain” line going to see some serious rates. This is warm vs. cold clash . Fav type of storms are rain to snow ones. 

I'd be OK with a few less inches if I could avoid smelling the rain every time here on LI. Kids can't make rain angels or rainmen, lol.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

Interesting gap.  Saw it in the snow map, thought it was temp related since it was in the CT Valley, but it's more of a dry slot or transfer gap I guess. 

image.thumb.png.4d3253fadedfbad4d201287ce8416a5c.png

Might be hard to nail down where that is.

image.gif.f72951ebdab92777b92a82b0a5e135be.gif

• LIKE 1

19 minutes ago, LiveWire_13 said:

I'd be OK with a few less inches if I could avoid smelling the rain every time here on LI. Kids can't make rain angels or rainmen, lol.

your big problem there is that the main source of precip usually involves that bathtub you (the Island) sit in called the W Atlantic. The marine boundary layer has always been a bug-a-boo for forecasts and in today's world - even more so. 

• THUMBS UP 1

2 hours ago, Anthonyweather said:

Clapper getting NAM’D

20+ for clapp on the NAM 😂😂

2 hours ago, Anthonyweather said:

Tropical seems to show it better 

IMG_1618.png

I had to peek briefly during church, saw this frame of NAM and was like sipping a cold one.. "ahhhhhhhh"  lol

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

Damn, looking like a good thump for some. Of course i'm out of town for this one but ok with watching from afar. Weather in Flordia right now is blowing in from the gulf, its toasty out here. Back to reality on Wed flying back, guessing there will be some cleanup to do.

Sebastian, FL is very nice.. temps in the low 80's right now, my body doesn't know how to handle warmth in Feb like this lol

Fun tracking this one from down here.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, tool483 said:

Damn, looking like a good thump for some. Of course i'm out of town for this one but ok with watching from afar. Weather in Flordia right now is blowing in from the gulf, its toasty out here. Back to reality on Wed flying back, guessing there will be some cleanup to do.

Sebastian, FL is very nice.. temps in the low 80's right now, my body doesn't know how to handle warmth in Feb like this lol

Fun tracking this one from down here.

My friends get back tomorrow from The Villages. I told them to enjoy it while they can - we got an "issue" waiting for them when they land tomorrow morning. (I am their ride home from airport) 

• LIKE 1

NEPA, HV, CATSKILLS have been well modeld for a cpl days now as the heaviest axis. Obviously banding/ the CCB will help contribute to the exact spot. Also NCPA could very well be the top spot into Binghamton (Binghamton actually never fails to get in on the banding).