January 28-29, 2024 Mid-Atl/NE Winter Storm Potential

Just now, JDClapper said:

Now if we could just get a bit of momentum around the event this thread was opened, that would be great!

Seems like the models might be trying to get back - this was a huge step on this run in that respect. The opener had a phased closed H5. This phased albeit a bit modestly in comparison, and was ever so close to monster phase, ala the opener had in mind

• TROPHY 1

21 hours ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

i am a nao hog. Just think things are easier with a decent nao. Slows everything down, make “connections” easier, keeps highs around longer.

It most likely can go either way with MJO or NAO, but I do think NAO it’s easier to get pieces together just because they get blocked and slow down. Mmmmm retrograde storms 😍

MJO alone is like a freight train, hoping to catch the monster and it dumps it all real quick. How many we watch turn into fish storms?

Either way it’s all chance and luck in the atmosphere I suppose. 

As always thanks all for the great long term discussion! Even all these years I still have to google some of these words I read before LOL. I’m more of a 3-5 day pay attention guy, but always enjoy the pattern recognition and how in depth yall can look at long range models. 

Edited by TLChip
  • THUMBS UP 1

• The title was changed to January 28-31, 2024 Mid-Atl/NE Winter Storm Potential