January 28-29, 2024 Mid-Atl/NE Winter Storm Potential

1 hour ago, tcari394 said:

Probably nothing unless the temp drops below the 33 we are now.  It's coming down heavy, but only slushy nonsense on the ground right now unfortunately!

Might I suggest downloading the mPing app? Rarely see ping reports up your way, and weather is often way more interesting up there in the winter than down here in Death Valley.

And any lurkers, suggested. The more reports the merier.

Screenshot_20240128-131003_One UI Home.jpg

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Lol I hate to be the person that pulls out the day time influence but if it holds in those areas until sundown then I could see proper accumulation. Are they big globby snowflakes?

Kind of reminds me of an early season storm with the white rain look.

Edited by so_whats_happening
  • LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, so_whats_happening said:

Lol I hate to be the person that pulls out the day time influence but if it holds in those areas until sundown then I could see proper accumulation. Are they big globby snowflakes?

Kind of reminds me of an early season storm with the white rain look.

It is trying REAL hard to flip right now. Can see big glop flakes increasing in number over the past several mins. Most visible they have been all day.

• LIKE 1

8 minutes ago, MDBlueridge said:

Expecting some snow, but not much. If we could just stop with the heavy snow then flooding id be happy. 2nd time this season for this rebuild. 

IMG_20240125_212554.jpg

Ah Man! I feelfor you man....I hate that crap! Thats how my basement would get. I ended up digging and putting in 2- 90 gal/minute sump pumps. One as a backup. But... they've both run at times, maybe twice in 10 years.  But after if we get 2-3" of rain, they begin pumping...

19 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

1/4" on the board. Extremely squishy.

20240128_143754.jpg

20240128_143801.jpg

20240128_143811.jpg

We suck here, but this is one time i am rooting for someone else to get more snow- you!

Cuz after sucking you back in here, thinking this mighta had a long shelf life if ya didn’t get  anything 😀😀

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

We suck here, but this is one time i am rooting for someone else to get more snow- you!

Cuz after sucking you back in here, thinking this mighta had a long shelf life if ya didn’t get  anything 😀😀

I'm watching that pivot right now and thinking I may end up in the "sweet spot" .. about as far north as it's gonna get I believe.

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20240128-2001-24-100.gif

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators

MSLP - this in January is always a snowstorm in CT.

image.thumb.png.dc3ddb450391cd9a31ee436eee81f9b9.png

Once the 850 low moves a touch more east we'll start seeing things mix back to snow.  Still 34-35 degrees here but925s are also below freezing

image.thumb.png.6e46a05dd480544254e067b3b73c8cba.png

I'm thinking the returns in UNY and PA have to come through here, it would be after the 850/925 temps are below 0c and if we can get it to precipitate hard enough, turn back to snow.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-subregional-Mid_Atlantic-comp_radar-20_55Z-20240128_map_noBar-24-1n-10-100.thumb.gif.bd1398f7739caf97f71eeb8fb58587cd.gif

• LIKE 2

Completely off topic but Lamar Jackson just did something people will be seeing on NFL all time highlights forever. He threw a pass that was deflected high into the air and was about to be intercepted. Except Jackson caught it himself and ran it for the first down. 

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • FIRE 1

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

Completely off topic but Lamar Jackson just did something people will be seeing on NFL all time highlights forever. He threw a pass that was deflected high into the air and was about to be intercepted. Except Jackson caught it himself and ran it for the first down. 

Saw it.  Pretty wild 🙂

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

if we can get it to precipitate hard enough, turn back to snow.

Just had a sleet fest move through with wet flakes too. Coated the deck and table.  So yeah, the heavier stuff could be interesting.  There's just not a lot of heavy precip around here right now.

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 3