January 28-29, 2024 Mid-Atl/NE Winter Storm Potential

3 minutes ago, Squepp said:

This one is /has been fun to track. Its going to be 70 on Friday here and if somehow this thing trends colder, we could get snow 2 days after. LOL

Just scheduled a doctors appointment that I have been putting off..... should allow plenty of time for golf in the afternoon!  😁

• LAUGH 2

3 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Yes, Paul, it can be. 

When I saw “ Yes, Paul,” I thought it was in reference to the Paul Simon lyrics quoted a few posts back. One of my all- time favorite tunes. Dead giveaway that I am over 60. LOL.

56 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Let's not show the LV crew

Too late. I’m back. Had some issues at work past few days. 
come back here and saw  notifications for like 38 new posts. Knew something was up

Edited by Rickrd
  • LAUGH 3

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Is Euro chasing convection here...? It created a weird little double barrel look at hr114, which could be from convection I guess.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 1.37.41 PM.png

image.thumb.png.5f71928dd9bbbf0ccdfe2fb2c81d6806.png

I'm wondering if this is a triple point and the area between is an occluded front. It looks like the cold front is way in front of the marked low. 

Or it's just generating a new low from an influx of new energy from the upper low.

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

image.thumb.png.5f71928dd9bbbf0ccdfe2fb2c81d6806.png

I'm wondering if this is a triple point and the area between is an occluded front. It looks like the cold front is way in front of the marked low. 

Or it's just generating a new low from an influx of new energy from the upper low.

image.png.3d60682f2d1455ef0fccf12b2a4a04d3.png

1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

why?

You were wondering if there was an occluded front, so thought I would post what the current front lines were.

• THANKS 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

This is the WPC map earlier with the occluded front. But it's the reverse of the situation.  The western low is dying, the coastal is forming. 

So I'm going to go with either a weird feature in the warm front, a newly invigorated low, or chasing convection as TJ suggested.  The first and third options might be the same. 

image.thumb.png.24119f7ca092bd626a991c303b0bd870.png

• LIKE 1