January 28-29, 2024 Mid-Atl/NE Winter Storm Potential

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

If I didn't tell you (I purposefully removed the dates) you might not know this outcome, from this weekend's outcome 

image.thumb.png.cff7305a921f215269809a27a15b4d32.png

We do still have 2 storms to go thru yet, so expecting changes. By then the BFS should have spilled its pills all over the counter.

20 minutes ago, MDBlueridge said:

You just keep on posting! I enjoy the reads each morning. I offer little to nothing in long range and you guys are doing a nice job keeping us up to date. 

Just keep posting UTS, there’s been a few times I went to post a model but you beat me to it to and then throw better info out than I had anyway. Always lurking and reading. 

For the most part just lurking and googling terms yall have been using since accu days. Always been fantasized with weather but I never did any real college reading/classes. If it wasn’t for you guys I’d still just be looking at sfc/snow maps, not h5/h7/vort/temps/ensembles etc.  

• LIKE 1

Just now, TLChip said:

Just keep posting UTS, there’s been a few times I went to post a model but you beat me to it to and then throw better info out than I had anyway. Always lurking and reading. 

For the most part just lurking and googling terms yall have been using since accu days. Always been fantasized with weather but I never did any real college reading/classes. If it wasn’t for you guys I’d still just be looking at sfc/snow maps, not h5/h7/vort/temps/ensembles etc.  

I second all of this!  I did take two college meteorology classes, and I think I have learned more here lurking the various boards over the years!

• LIKE 7

7 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

I guess winter's over 😞 

I'm getting old, I remember back when we'd already have a follow up thread for BOTM threat. 

Pretty lonely in here - Reminds me of when I tried to start my own weather page - except I'd have at least a half dozen faithful awake at Rooster Shift hours. 

image.thumb.png.5c3d146f7c9abdd0e371205f94c5b9e4.png

I just simply do not like ya!

😜😁

• LAUGH 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1

4 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

Of course the surface maps and snow maps are what keep the dabblers coming back especially when we  do better than the local weather forecasters. 

Well, yeah there's that 

23 minutes ago, twinmama08 said:

I second all of this!  I did take two college meteorology classes, and I think I have learned more here lurking the various boards over the years!

Back in early days of the USA - "reading" a subject was a commonplace way to become a degreed individual (particularly so in the field of law). 

25 minutes ago, TLChip said:

All the kidding aside, the sharing of the information is a large part of what drives my being here. And I too learned from so many, past and present. 

• LIKE 2

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

(raises glass in your direction) That makes two of us at times. 

👊 LOL...Obviously..Just jokes.

I do appreciate your posts!

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Hard to see too much suppression with this one. Think that is the lesser risk. Although i must remember that the world is more than just the n mid atl , and you are probably referencing NE 😃

Us Canadians up here will be jonsing for some snow after this week's melt....unfortunately among the 12z suite so far ICON is the only model to make it up this way. UKie keeps snows confined to LI, eastern CT, RI, and eastern Mass.

Edit: looks like I was a page behind as this was already talked about.

Edited by telejunkie

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

GEFS trend

Looks like RTC slowing to me. 

trend-gefsens-2024012412-f102.sfcmslp-meanmem.conus.gif

s/w is slowing down while the HP is staying put...meaning a more southern track would be favored (imho)...

• LOVE 1

Hr66 pre-game Euro

Also seeing those earlier height falls at the SC coast -similar to GFS = probably a good sign 

Edit - also similar increase in Pressure rises "overhead" (NOrth of our regions) 

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • THUMBS UP 1