January 28-29, 2024 Mid-Atl/NE Winter Storm Potential

Just got back from my drive around the NW NJ area around Vernon.  Up at 1700’ at High Point State Park there was some accumulation of about a sloppy half inch.  Other than that mostly rain with an occasional mix of snow when precipitation is heavier.

IMG_6063.jpeg

• LIKE 6
  • THUMBS UP 1

Could see some "splats" on the windshield drving around this morning, but nothing really visual white.

38 degrees, rain. Looks like pws on top of the mtn to the south is 32, gonna be some lit snow capping on this one.

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, tcari394 said:

Heavy snow just outside of Mansfield, PA.  Starting to finally accumulate.

Been waiting to hear what's happening up there!  Good luck.. 2-4, maybe more??

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Everthing falling. Rain, sleet and snow. Sleet trying to create a slushy accum on decks and cars.

20240128_112159.jpg

Rumor has it Mrs. Clapper heard you cursing under your breath this morning, and muttering, “ can’t believe that moron suckered me back in last night”. 😀

Race is on between the cold and moisture. It is weird , i saw on of the models had a small warm tongue over your area, while it had snow here for a bit. 
Winds haven’t turned here yet.

Edited by RTC3-LAST CHANCE
Missing
  • LAUGH 1

13 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Rumor has it Mrs. Clapper heard you cursing under your breath this morning, and muttering, “ can’t believe that moron suckered me back in last night”. 😀

Race is on between the cold and moisture. It is weird , i saw on of the models had a small warm tongue over your area, while it had snow here for a bit. 
Winds haven’t turned here yet.

Yeah, well now i have to drive her to a friends house (taking care of cats/house while on vaca) and to the grocery store because "I'm not driving in this sh*"

So even when I win, I lose. /sigh

😅

• LAUGH 5

1 hour ago, JDClapper said:

Been waiting to hear what's happening up there!  Good luck.. 2-4, maybe more??

Probably nothing unless the temp drops below the 33 we are now.  It's coming down heavy, but only slushy nonsense on the ground right now unfortunately!

• DISAPPOINTED 2

The snow has been tapering down and it looks like some rain is now mixing in.  1" of snow on the ground.  The way this storm is evolving I may not need the plow guy nor the 🚜.  Hopefully I'll be moving 1" of slush tomorrow with the 🚜

• LIKE 1

• Admin
59 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Yeah, well now i have to drive her to a friends house (taking care of cats/house while on vaca) and to the grocery store because "I'm not driving in this sh*"

So even when I win, I lose. /sigh

😅

Please tell me - and this is for your safety - that she does not read your posts here... 

• LAUGH 2
  • LOVE 1

22 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

Please tell me - and this is for your safety - that she does not read your posts here... 

Nah, she barely reads my FB posts, let alone a wx discussion forum. Haha

35, rain/snow. Slush accum above wipers of cars. But thats it here so far.

• LAUGH 1