January 22-23, 2024 | OV/GL Snow/Ice Threat

Jpfalcon

Something else to consider is the temperature forecast is going to be interesting as we never really do get that far above freezing . If the models are too warm by even a couple degrees... Usually warm air advection wins out though 

Edited by StormfanaticInd
  • LIKE 1

• Admin
30 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Yikes

hrrr1.png

hrrr2.png

hrrr3.png

2 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

This doesn't bode well for the morning commute if this verifies. 

48 hours out. 

Not so far out it's fantasy... But not close enough to do anything more than keep an eye on, but I would destination keep an eye on it. 

• LIKE 2

Still quite a bit of variance on how long it takes to rise above freezing (again though, that does not end the threat of ground icing).  Some of the CAMs are colder than the globals.  

A lot of sun across much of the region today with clouds coming in later.  I think we may get some clues from watching temp trends overnight into tomorrow morning, but even so, going to require close monitoring of obs/trends throughout the day tomorrow and into Tuesday.

Edited by Hoosier

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Unless I'm having an issue on my end, that looks like the 18z run from January 20.

Nope, you're right.. I swear I downloaded the right one! Here's the correct one.

models-2024012112-f054.fram_acc-imp.us_ov.gif.e1f2c72bd0f0218ae01a347f6d8faad9.gif

• DISAPPOINTED 1
  • THANKS 1

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

floop-hrrr-2024012118.fram_acc-imp.us_ov.gif.1f91e9e77b45de1e594b60c442892cb8.gif

HRRR is kind of an outlier with amounts though.  However I feel like some of the models may be underplaying to an extent.

Tuesday morning travel is going to suck (on untreated roads in particular).  Even just walking to the car will suck lol

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1