January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

I would think if this were going to be stronger than advertised there would be improvement on 12z. NAM went the other way. If the rest of 12z follows then I'd say that's telling.

Either way all of those north of Ohio River can still cash in on the northern stream if all models remain weak. 

I can't help but wonder if the decent snow pack through deep south keeps the southern stream from being further north & models are catching onto that now.

Edited by Grace

• Admin
15 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

The Canadian models have been absolutely dreadful.  I can’t take them seriously.

If they didn’t have support from other models I would totally agree. I don’t think the Nam’s meager solution is right, and I don’t think the pumped up Canadians are right. Somewhere in the middle. 😊☃️

I like the GFS for me obviously. It gives me more than the others, lol. 

But as it moves further east it transfers to the coast, which results in less for OV. That's certainly possible but it's strange that it transfers & then just continues OTS. Usually a transfer remains closer to the coast & strengthens. 

So I'm not sure I buy it. Since that's the difference in the ICON & RGEM versus the GFS obviously models are still resolving that & have not as of yet. 

• LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

the i80 band on the GFS still pretty locked in

Yea, it starts north and then sags southward. Could still drop an initial 1-2” in the lucky spots before wave 2

I am simply hoping the one thread I opened this season isn't a fail.  Doesn't seem to be and I never mentioned it as a Winter Storm.  That may help .,lol

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1