January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

Just now, adurb44 said:

Looks better organized with second wave, at least to my untrained eye.

Agreed - it is starting to become clear that there will be a narrow jackpot zone that gets a decent hit from both waves. Looks like a possible zone that might see continual light/moderate snow for 12-18 hours+

• LIKE 1

Glad to see things still holding together for peeps in this thread region. Whoever gets in the sweeter spot is snow starved, so it would be a win for them.

• LIKE 2

• Admin
Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Agreed - it is starting to become clear that there will be a narrow jackpot zone that gets a decent hit from both waves. Looks like a possible zone that might see continual light/moderate snow for 12-18 hours+

This. And now it's organizing that low that was off the coast and bringing it West a bit. Something that could've happened with today/tomorrow's storm but didn't. Hm.

• LIKE 1

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Plenty of time left before letting this one break any hearts. Hoping the suck zone is limited and a wide swathe of people can cash in. 

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

This would be a general win for almost all of us (remember S/E stuff has today/tomorrow added).floop-gfs-2024011512.snku_acc-imp.us_ov.gif.dd5b3656d80410f24efce67f2ce85f5c.gif

Places In Tennessee could see 2 feet of snow in 6 days is insane.

• LIKE 2

Here is the Instant Weather Maps 48 hour snowfall at hour 102.  I like that they have 48 hour and I like their snow amount ratio algorithm better:

image.thumb.png.5b8d84c91622fe2657ee2aaba67e5442.png

• LIKE 2

• Admin
Just now, RobB said:

Here is the Instant Weather Maps 48 hour snowfall at hour 102.  I like that they have 48 hour and I like their snow amount ratio algorithm better:

So wish Pivotal had the 48-hour!

• THUMBS UP 3

1 minute ago, RobB said:

5-6" IMBY - sadly, I have zero excitement - so many gut punches over the past few years just lead me to believe something will go wrong, lol

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1