January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

3 minutes ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

Radar omega best thing out there believe me 

I've not heard of this particular product.  I use Radar Scope Pro.  Omega does look pretty sweet though after I did a search for it.

9 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

that pretty much confirms the 1.25 here, still perplexed as to what happened, but I've never really been able to find a good "past radar loop" source. It seems as though the snowfall map got turned upside down though for us up here haha 

I'm thinking rapid transfer? Just lost our moisture (which was already extremely shaky) & northward advance of the southern energy was mainly limited south of I-70. Southern areas were able to salvage a decent event, but everyone else got screwed.

39 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Not much snow, so might as well go with a wildlife pic from this AM.

IMG_5736.jpeg

Lots of jays at the feeder this morning. 

• LOVE 1

11 minutes ago, Jaf316 said:

Hard to believe we only managed to eke out 2 inches and change with this whole pattern. The next 2 weeks on the GFS look abysmal...

Bright side, is I can get all this damn salt off my car and the roads...

• TROPHY 1

10 minutes ago, Jaf316 said:

Hard to believe we only managed to eke out 2 inches and change with this whole pattern. The next 2 weeks on the GFS look abysmal...

If the latest global ensembles are onto something, might be more like 3 weeks before we get back to a more wintry pattern (and that's no guarantee). I've always wondered how some of those awful, snow-starved winters of the late 1800s & 1930s could have possibly played out - might be seeing a great example of it before our eyes.

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

If the latest global ensembles are onto something, might be more like 3 weeks before we get back to a more wintry pattern (and that's no guarantee). I've always wondered how some of those awful, snow-starved winters of the late 1800s & 1930s could have possibly played out - might be seeing a great example of it before our eyes.

It definitely seems we are in a cycle for sure. It has been since 13-14 since we have had a good blanket of consistency in snow events. The decieving part about is if you look at official snowfall per season at various places a lot of times it looks way better than it was because of all the really small amounts added up.  I can't remember the 6 inch event we had in our area. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Very powdery snowfall just needed a good push broom to clear the driveway and walkways ..wind chill is brutal tho…even had a brief gusty snow shower that dusted the ground again while I was out there ...ultimately got just under 3.5  after the main snow shut off 

IMG_3176.jpeg

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1