January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

Sun peeking through the clouds. Snow pretty much done here via radar outside of any rogue snow showers later. What a colossal failure. Maybe a bit over 1" here. Couldn't even cover the grass tips (and my final mow of the year is always extra short 🤣)

• LAUGH 2

8 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Safe and sound @Snowshoe thanks to @Blitz. Convinced me to drive up last night instead of this morning and even let us crash at his place until our room is ready. Glad we took his advice. The last 2 hours of the 7 hour drive was 20mph and white knuckle!! About 6 inches down already!!! 

20240119_094321.jpg

Enjoy! Couldn't have picked a better weekend to be there!

• THANKS 1

Can't be more than 2" here on the west side of Alum Creek Park, and probably less than that as I can see the tips of my grass (which I didn't cut as low as I should have).  Kids and wife got a snow day, so they're happy.   Working from home most of the day although guessing the main roads are in good shape - snow plow came through our neighborhood a little while ago. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Sun peeking through the clouds. Snow pretty much done here via radar outside of any rogue snow showers later. What a colossal failure. Maybe a bit over 1" here. Couldn't even cover the grass tips (and my final mow of the year is always extra short 🤣)

Not laughing at your snow, but at the short end of the year mow.  Non-snow lovers just don't understand that grass poking up thru the snow is bad on several aspects.

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 1

9 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Safe and sound @Snowshoe thanks to @Blitz. Convinced me to drive up last night instead of this morning and even let us crash at his place until our room is ready. Glad we took his advice. The last 2 hours of the 7 hour drive was 20mph and white knuckle!! About 6 inches down already!!! 

20240119_094321.jpg

Now that's a beautiful pic

• LOVE 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

I want to see some 46&32 swooshing down the slope pics or videos!!!  Enjoy!

• LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

Not laughing at your snow, but at the short end of the year mow.  Non-snow lovers just don't understand that grass poking up thru the snow is bad on several aspects.

Haha, well I'm sure laughing at my snow (or lack thereof) 🤣

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

Can't be more than 2" here on the west side of Alum Creek Park, and probably less than that as I can see the tips of my grass (which I didn't cut as low as I should have).  Kids and wife got a snow day, so they're happy.   Working from home most of the day although guessing the main roads are in good shape - snow plow came through our neighborhood a little while ago. 

Glad they got a snow day out of it 👍

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Glad they got a snow day out of it 👍

BTW, I owe you - you mentioned that the call to close school would be made late, which I mentioned to my wife and her friends but made it seem like it was my prediction.  Now I'm a genius 😊

• LAUGH 1

16 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

that pretty much confirms the 1.25 here, still perplexed as to what happened, but I've never really been able to find a good "past radar loop" source. It seems as though the snowfall map got turned upside down though for us up here haha 

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

My Head of School is from Minnesota and is constantly mind-blown by how quickly we close here (she tends to have to follow suit whether she wants to or not lol).

I can see that - this would be practically a summer day up there. 

7 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

All Delaware Co. districts closed. Media hype, timing & occurrence on a Friday = trigger-happy administration

Agree with all of that, plus Tuesday's fiasco in Olentangy with two busses getting into accidents

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

It seems as though the snowfall map got turned upside down though for us up here haha 

Not that this explains anything, so FWIW, the 21z SREF's were trending up in the SW, albeit small amounts but "large" percentages, while other areas were holding steady or falling slightly.

• LIKE 2

Just now, Hiramite said:

Not that this explains anything, so FWIW, the 21z SREF's were trending up in the SW, albeit small amounts but "large" percentages, while other areas were holding steady or falling slightly.

I noticed too...

• LIKE 1

7 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

that pretty much confirms the 1.25 here, still perplexed as to what happened, but I've never really been able to find a good "past radar loop" source. It seems as though the snowfall map got turned upside down though for us up here haha 

Radar omega best thing out there believe me 

• LIKE 1