January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

Eyeballed about an inch on the deck. Looks to be super fine and powdery. Radar looks bleak for much more than this. 

The entire office gets to work remote today so I’ll take it. 😏

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

Any West Virginia peeps in here? We have family driving up from Roanoke through WV on I77 and I64. Wondering if the interstates are holding up okay. 

I gave up on this stupid storm after the models repeatedly showed Louisville getting the shaft …ended up so far with 3 inches here in Northeast Louisville…started snowing around 11 last evening and kept up all night with a really big burst this morning that put me at the  3 inch mark ..officially Louisville recorded 2 inches ..metro area wide it ranges  anywhere from 2-3 to some spots 3.5 according to local reports 

IMG_8054.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

Edited by NeXrad
  • LIKE 7
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

• Admin

Brewed coffee, made a feta fried egg and opened the blinds so I can watch the snow. Nice returns right now.. grass it almost completely covered. I'll take it for the first storm of hopefully many more after the upcoming thaw. 🙂

• LIKE 5

1.25'' pretty unbelievable considering the initial advisory was issues at 3-5'' We might squeeze out a .25'' throughout the day, pretty disappointed, but what can you do. At least everything is covered and nice to look at for the weekend

I measured in at least 6 deferent flat surfaces in disbelief 😄 

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • DISAPPOINTED 1
  • SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Trying to enjoy it now, because there is like zip-zilch-nada for the next two weeks it looks like, lol.

this part makes it the toughest, have to watch it wash away with several rain chances, watch the pond ice become unfishable, all accross potentially 10+ days of 40-50 degrees. I'm sold until the MJO gets out of phases 6-7, then get passed the lag we're pretty much a sitting duck

• HOT 1

It’s not the big one but I’ll take it! I measured close to 2”. Light snow still falling, kids are out playing, and it’s a 3-day weekend 

• LIKE 2

• Moderators

Yep.

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH SATURDAY/...
Accumulations remain a little lower than forecast across the
Advisory area this morning. 
  • DISAPPOINTED 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1