January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

Central Ohio peeps - predictions on snow day for schools?  Think the Delaware county districts will call off tonight - not sure about Columbus as they've only been in school today, although as others mentioned before they haven't taken any snow days yet so they make the call tonight to be safe.   I plan to work from home tomorrow for most of the day. 

5 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

Central Ohio peeps - predictions on snow day for schools?  Think the Delaware county districts will call off tonight - not sure about Columbus as they've only been in school today, although as others mentioned before they haven't taken any snow days yet so they make the call tonight to be safe.   I plan to work from home tomorrow for most of the day. 

Due to timing, I think most area schools will close. I'd expect most to wait til early morning though.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

13 minutes ago, junior said:

Can't wait for the morning commute to work at 4am. 

11 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

Unfortunetly that makes 2 of us.

4 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

Makes 3 of us.

Am I the only psycho that likes to get out there and just drive around to see how bad the roads are…

nevermind.. dont answer that

• LAUGH 3
  • TROPHY 2
  • LOVE 1

17 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

While we're killing time before flakes fly...was just looking through snowfall data for the past 15 winters...Let's take a quick peek at the epic 2013-14 OV winter. Incredible seasonal snowfall for our region!

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 7.22.11 PM.png

Great season. I want to say that might have been the season where we saw 20+ inches of snow in February alone. Temps were below freezing for so long. We couldn’t park in our driveway for a month lol. Good times. 

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Hoping the HRRR is just drunk - really drying up the past couple runs after the excellent 22z output

hrrr.gif

Was literally just about to say that lol. Don’t know what it’s seeing but this run is terrible