January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

• Moderators
3 hours ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Heading to Snowshoe, WV on Friday for a ski trip. Anyone have thoughts on the best time to leave. It's a 5 hour drive and we can't get into our room until 5pm. 

Without looking at any model output and just going by the NWS forecast for WV, I assume you know you'll be driving thru a large area under a WSWatch.  I don't know how good their snow & ice control is but temps don't look too cold on Friday (high upper 20's) so salt so work good (assuming they put it down.)  Just the obvious stuff like drive during the "heat" of the day so isolation can aid in melting the roadway snow.  Thus I would leave at 10:08:53 AM. :classic_biggrin:

Have a safe trip and enjoy swooshing in the fresh powder!!

Edit to add, high likelihood of meeting Warning criteria.

image.png.c155795a87509bc66026188a25f40761.png

Edited by Hiramite
  • THANKS 1

• Moderators

Here's the 1z Blend that just finished running.

Does anyone know what model runs (0z, 6z, 12z etc) are used in the 01z Blend?? (I'm searching for info, but can't find that answer yet.)

image.thumb.png.9badae7ab990569dd663d2dc0043c8ed.png

I’m hoping for the best, the 1” of snow we picked up two days ago was barely on any models hours before.

I also think the snow will be more impactful than normal with how cold it has been.  Fairly unusual for us in Ohio to be this cold prior to more snow than flurries.

• LIKE 3

1 minute ago, BoroBuckeye said:

I’m hoping for the best, the 1” of snow we picked up two days ago was barely on any models hours before.

I also think the snow will be more impactful than normal with how cold it has been.  Fairly unusual for us in Ohio to be this cold prior to more snow than flurries.

And not dealing with WAA! It’s always a killjoy in central OH. 

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1