January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

Still some snows being shown from modeling during this time period. Away from computer so not posting maps. Hopefully these hold for some whiter scenes. We shall see! 

I'll bite...as cold as it's going to be, this could be a nice little event.  There's something brewing on a few models immediately after this time period too, but let's get our 2" first.

gfs_asnow_neus_21.png

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

18z ICON...

wave 1 on Thursday, wave 2 on Friday & total...(subtract about 0.5-1" from the storm total map to account for what falls tomorrow night)

This solution would be comical as it once again royally screws the I-70 corridor🙄

icon1.png

icon2.png

icon3.png

Edited by MesoscaleBanding

3 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

18z ICON...

wave 1 on Thursday, wave 2 on Friday & total...(subtract about 0.5-1" from the storm total map to account for what falls tomorrow night)

This solution would be comical as it once again royally screws the I-70 corridor

icon1.png

icon2.png

icon3.png

The Icon will verify simply because it screws several of us. 😆 

ILN (Sunday PM)

Late in the night Wednesday night through Thursday a system will work into the region bringing the potential for accumulating snow to the region. Thursday night into Friday an area of low pressure will move southeast of the region and additional snow will move across the area. An upper level disturbance and favorable wind direction off of the lake will keep snow showers across the region into Saturday before tapering off.

Edited by Mulaman984
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

20 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

The ICON can take a long walk off a short pier. It, too, played massive catch-up with the Tuesday storm.

Yes, this model along with the Canadian models can take a hike.  So done with their terrible modeling.

• LIKE 1

7 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Would easily be the biggest snowfall of the year for most between the OH River & I-70 corridor. Sad, but true

Biggest snow of the last 2 years 👀👀

• DISAPPOINTED 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

• Admin
Just now, Crowbar said:

Could it be enough to cause schools to call off Friday?

Given how storms have tended to laugh in our faces around this time out.. think it's best to wait on making any guesses on that, lol.

8 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Given how storms have tended to laugh in our faces around this time out.. think it's best to wait on making any guesses on that, lol.

Oh I know - I’m picking on my wife and her teacher friends who are whining they haven’t yet had a snow day and are bugging me for a prediction five days out 

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

Oh I know - I’m picking on my wife and her teacher friends who are whining they haven’t yet had a snow day and are bugging me for a prediction five days out 

I'm a teacher, too.. and almost all of my co-workers follow my weather page. Feel your pain! lol.