January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

Just now, cperry29 said:

You’ll drive yourself crazy watching the NAM flip flop every 6 hours lol. My 0.02 is, give it til 12z tomorrow. I remember hearing Bernie Rayno mention he looks at the NAM in the 24hr range. That seems like sound advice. 

True - hard to ignore trends though, especially when the 3km is in good agreement.

There are several storms in memory where the NAM completely botched snow amounts/placement within 12 hours.

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

True - hard to ignore trends though, especially when the 3km is in good agreement.

There are several storms in memory where the NAM completely botched snow amounts/placement within 12 hours.

Indeed it’s a crap shoot. It’s like placing bets. 

Unfortunately the transfer is happening a bit sooner in these model runs. This robs some of the moisture. Models that are showing more snow are holding on a bit longer before the weak transfer

1 minute ago, Wnwniner said:

am i allowed to say this is heartbreaking?

not yet 😄 still a ways to go and while we've lost amounts we havent lost it all yet 

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • THUMBS UP 1

I guess with all that said, I'm going to put focus back in to the ECM which was never in favor of the robust amounts along i70. Here is the 6z kuchera map for the ECM

ecmwf_acc_snow_slr_ohiovalley_79.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • FACEPALM 1

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I don't think this is locked in at all. Obviously don't like the trends today, but it's still got some time to wobble.

True, but just about all guidance has lost the idea of a widespread juicy solution.

Still time to improve though

• LIKE 1

8 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

True, but just about all guidance has lost the idea of a widespread juicy solution.

Still time to improve though

agreed-hopefully this is the bottom and overdoing the adjustments, and they come back a little bit and meet in the middle.