January 18-20, 2024 | Ohio Valley Snow event

RobB

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Majority of central OH districts have already closed or delayed tomorrow due to the wind chill forecast. They're always a bit trigger happy with the first couple closing/delay calls, especially when we're already halfway through the winter without using any calamity days. 

Yep...Plenty to burn.....

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Majority of central OH districts have already closed or delayed tomorrow due to the wind chill forecast. They're always a bit trigger happy with the first couple closing/delay calls, especially when we're already halfway through the winter without using any calamity days. 

Well, I know Westerville hasn’t or I would hear my wife and son cheering!

• LAUGH 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

27 minutes ago, Leenita said:

Just got the text that Olentangy is canceled for tomorrow 

Tomorrow’s is my daughter’s birthday, she’s pumped to have the day off!  😂

I agree with what many have said, they’re sitting on a pile of days, might as well use them. Not worth the risk. I’m much more sensitive to it now that my sophomore daughter is starting to drive.  

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • LOVE 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Tomorrow’s is my daughter’s birthday, she’s pumped to have the day off!  😂

Agreed on what many have said, they’re sitting on a pile of days, might as well use them. Not worth the risk. I’m much more sensitive to it now that my sophomore daughter is starting to drive.  

It’s my son’s birthday, too! ☃️

• LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

18z euro was terrible, very dry

index.png

Unfortunately, that's a very legit outcome if our southern piece outruns the dry northern piece with little, if any, interaction - it's never easy around here🤦🏼‍♂️

17 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Well, I know Westerville hasn’t or I would hear my wife and son cheering!

Sorry to be off topic and this is a serious question since we have only lived here for two years, but does Westerville ever do 2 hour delays?

1 minute ago, mafa said:

Sorry to be off topic and this is a serious question since we have only lived here for two years, but does Westerville ever do 2 hour delays?

No.  They don’t have the budget to pay the drivers to be available for them.

• THANKS 1

4 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Less interaction between the 2 pieces of energy...ugh

nam1.gif

That is a weird gap in the precip that I have seen with NAM modeling. I wouldn’t worry and see if that smooths out in future runs

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

I'm going to stubbornly assume that the NAM is still well outside of its reliable range & doesn't have a clue on the minute details yet. 

Yeah, I’m a bit surprised at the surface output. There were some fairly large changes at 500mb (from previous runs)

In my back yard, it is not too much off from the 12Z run this morning.  I wasn't comparing this to the 18z run.  Old fashioned, I compare off hour runs to one another and on runs to one another.  Not that any of this is set in stone as to what is appropriate 🙂

Edited by RobB
  • LIKE 1