Jan. 19-20th, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

telejunkie

38 minutes ago, Snowadelphia said:

Wouldn’t say he nailed it - but he absolutely had the right idea. 

Yeah he really did well for the forecast for the DC/Baltimore area though as far as nailing it. Overperferformer here. I have 5 inches already 

Location Germantown/Ridge Road

Edited by eddygeeme
  • LIKE 3
  • LOVE 1

10 minutes ago, Herricane said:

The river froze over on the bay and the snow on top gives it a real Game of Thrones vibe. Love it. IMG_9326.thumb.jpeg.151e033c934b6652f8ffa37147b9bba9.jpeg

Many years ago we had a very very cold winter, where for a long stretch was below 15 day and night.  Lots of nights in single digits.  Froze the pond near me over good.  Got to walk on the pond and explore the little side creeks.  Was nice to go into places where I could not get into before.  Consequently that following summer we had a drought and that pond dried up except a small area where it was the deepest, which normally would be about 4 feet.  

Got to walk on the ground the pond occupied and went up those side creeks as well. 

Spotted a rock bass on the pond floor that should never have been here.  They are not native to LI.

• LIKE 2

18 minutes ago, Lazman said:

It appears that the trough is now rotating a bit northeast, while the dynamics are cutting off Snow to the west. Can the trough orient itself more northwest, giving my backyard copious amounts of Snow? Stay tuned for wish casting at its best!!! 

nerad25-1.jpg

Really tenuous limb we are hanging on there. Earlier coastal look may give us a better opportunity, especially if it pivots and goes neg, but it could also ruin the western end of moisture as you mentioned. I would have preferred the bowling ball look and later coastal, and take what we could get.

• LIKE 1

49 minutes ago, Tater said:

Snow doesn't seem to be making it out of WV into VA. Seems like the mountains often wring it out and we don't get much from snow coming from the west.

We got 1.25" overnight, and it's been mood flakes all morning that haven't amounted to anything.

Yup sometimes it does but not this time.  We at least have mood flakes and 3/4 “ of snow.

• THUMBS UP 1

21 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

that's why I didn't bother posting it yesterday. It was too easy to pick it to pieces. Literally no support for most of that map - as in ZERO

You mean it was a 'Risky' call? 😜

• LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

Looks like shes taking one last inhale in north central PA on the last few frames. Another 0.2-0.5" to go?

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20240119-1634-24-100.gif

At least they fixed the radar. 

make-the-best-out-of-a-bad-situation.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • MELTING 1