Jan. 19-20th, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

telejunkie

5 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

If you know how to use the software (ie tilt etc), Radar Scope is pretty good. 

That's the problem, I'm too dumb to get the tilt right. 

Missing this storm as well since we're still down in Florida. Happy the storm is today and not tomorrow as if it was tomorrow, we probably wouldn't be making it home. Enjoy all the SEPA folks. Two in one week!

• LIKE 1

16 minutes ago, c8pjp said:

Apologies for being OT, but what is the best radar client everyone is using? I have radar scope on my phone, but I don't think I have the settings tweaked right because I'm not seeing what you are mostly posting. Just accuweather on your computer? 

If I want a very quick look at what is happening, I use the ForecastFox (Fix version) extension on Firefox which uses accuweather's radar (you can set your location).  I use this on the computer, not sure how it would work on the phone, or if it works on the phone for that matter. 

For taking a good look, I usually use NWS radar.

I prefer looking at the computer for radar than the phone.  Too small a screen for me.

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Even our mesos are stuggling as both HRRR and RAP have no precip over me right now, while reality says otherwise. image.thumb.png.edbf0412d6f5880a2059e96e313438f7.pngimage.thumb.png.f2b0aeacc0ecca21905b7bed157a64c7.png

We have very light snow too even though it says nada.  

• LIKE 1

Starting to flurry here.  Very light.  So light and scattered that I think if I zig and zag, I can make it from my office to my car without a single flake hitting me.

Current obs

26° light snow. 3.25 inches new accumulation. Roads are terrible, idiots aplenty. Radar looks to fill in until about 4pm. I'm guessing we'll finish with about 5 inches.

20240119_101345.jpg

• LIKE 2

13 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

10am: 1.4"

0.4" last hiur, best rate thus far. You know its a beast storm when you can see the sun through the clouds. 🤣

inmaREPA_ (1).gif

That band starting to get it's act together across CNJ! 

• SNOWMAN 1

7 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Kind of OT, somewhat related though

This is Jim who, waaaay back in Accu Days was known to us as a 16y.o. aspiring met - went by OSUWx2 or some such. We named him Poster of the Year one year (same year Jesse kicked him off the forums LOL) He is now an actual Met out of NWS Cleveland 

image.thumb.png.c75bef00226143d92bf07ab909e13f61.png

Good for him!!