Jan. 19-20th, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

telejunkie

55 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

7am: 0.7" 

Rates pretty much as forecast, 0.1", 0.2" there. Just missing a steady band to my south over the mountain. Cant win em all I suppose. 😄

however, that verifies that little "nose" rap and hrrr was showing all agternoon yesterday. 👍

inmaREPA_.gif

8am: 0.8" but seeing some better flakes and radar is showing improving returns. Suppose the next 2-3 hours will be the best the system has to offer north of 80. Lets get it!

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20240119-1255-24-100.gif

inmaREPA_ (1).gif

• LIKE 1

Look, I don't need a foot of snow like some of you. It's snowing at a decent rate here and that will be plenty for some more sledding today and still be able to do weekend kids sports stuff. Best of both worlds. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

Woke up to nada.  Nothing.  Checked the radar and it seems like the storm is going around LI on both sides.  Though we're still supposed to get 1 to 3 today.  

• SAD 1

Just now, c8pjp said:

Look, I don't need a foot of snow like some of you. It's snowing at a decent rate here and that will be plenty for some more sledding today and still be able to do weekend kids sports stuff. Best of both worlds. 

^This is the essence of what it's about, imho. 

1 minute ago, Paletitsnow63 said:

Hi everybody good to see you.  I know I couldn't lurk for long.  Especially after StretchCT caught me last night.  I had been thinking to join awhile back but had stuck with the other site.  I know a lot went down there with a lot of you and I stayed out of all those issues for the most part but it was very troubling to say the least (I believe MaineJay summed it up pretty good in one of his posts during the previous storm thread). I'm very glad to be here.

Back to the weather.  Temp at 25 and moderate steady snow.  Received 3" on Tuesday and so far about 3/4" this morning.  You can see by the picture I didn't clean my table off from the previous storm. 

BTW I live at the same house but had a new bigger and better deck (Trex) put in last spring.  Some may remember my old snow pictures I used to post from my old smaller deck.

PXL_20240119_124033389.jpg

image.gif.15d392423aca5a61da30852d747e31d5.gif

Welcome back!!

Edited by Chris2333
  • LIKE 3
  • LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, Paletitsnow63 said:

Hi everybody good to see you.  I know I couldn't lurk for long.  Especially after StretchCT caught me last night.  I had been thinking to join awhile back but had stuck with the other site.  I know a lot went down there with a lot of you and I stayed out of all those issues for the most part but it was very troubling to say the least (I believe MaineJay summed it up pretty good in one of his posts during the previous storm thread). I'm very glad to be here.

Back to the weather.  Temp at 25 and moderate steady snow.  Received 3" on Tuesday and so far about 3/4" this morning.  You can see by the picture I didn't clean my table off from the previous storm. 

BTW I live at the same house but had a new bigger and better deck (Trex) put in last spring.  Some may remember my old snow pictures I used to post from my old smaller deck.

Very good to see you posting here.  Glad you joined up, welcome.  Yep, I remember those old pictures.

Now how come there's no pictures of you barbecuing and eating out in the snow?

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 2

4 minutes ago, clm said:

Very good to see you posting here.  Glad you joined up, welcome.  Yep, I remember those old pictures.

He has to wait until all the inappropriate jokes about his username get out of our system first 

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, clm said:

Excuse him. He's new to being back

Doesn't realize there's now a "must show grill in each snow pic" rule. 

• LIKE 1
  • DISAPPOINTED 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Paletitsnow63 said:

About time you showed up

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1

12 minutes ago, clm said:

Here was the old deck right after the early February 2021 storm.

PXL_20210202_153857597(1).jpg

• SNOWMAN 1
  • LOVE 2

10 minutes ago, Chris2333 said:

He has to wait until all the inappropriate jokes about his username get out of our system first 

Us make inappropriate jokes about something?  Why we're all classy, dignified, distinguished, stately, um, ah heck, I can't say/type this with a straight face.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

23 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

^This is the essence of what it's about, imho. 

I realized I probably sounded like a jerk saying "like some of you"....wasn't the intent. 

• THUMBS UP 2