Jan. 19-20th, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

telejunkie

8 minutes ago, stormsurf said:

Im so happy to have found you all again.  

You may not remember me from the Accu days, mostly a lurker, but always enjoyed this bunch.

I dont add much to the discussion, although you think I would have learned more over the years 😜....mostly just zingers here and there.

Glad to be back and around so much weather knowledge....the boards I have tried were super BORING.  

Welcome. Yes. What LUCC said. 😂

Could the timing  of this be any worse? Hrrrball, again its the hrrrball at 24 has the IT a little more se. Funeral , work schedule, no pre brine, salt? , and will they only do post game plowing again? Wonder when that 4-6 hour window of best snows will occur? 
i should be a screen writer.

Just now, Gettysburger said:

FWIW, This guy I follow online is usually pretty accurate. (Justin Berk) this is his first call as of this morning for my general area. 

IMG_2926.jpeg

The "Other JB" as we geezers like to call him. He is an excellent analyst of what has already happened - great case studies I've read of his. Not sure why he doesn't paint extra potential along the Jersey and EPA zones. He is from Berks Co so think he'd know better. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

Page topper...

What did the deer say to its best friend?

“You’re my deer-est pal!”

The deer sense the snow is coming. I have 13 herding together.

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

Oh deer!

(sorry)

• LAUGH 2

NAM 3k and RDPS backed down from the totals.  Yet weather.gov says my area will get 2 to 4 inches.  A day and a half out and not much agreement.

image.thumb.png.1142350f1e2e69db96792f35fa387701.png

image.thumb.png.620423a3563adb368613e2f1b30b92da.png

2 minutes ago, clm said:

NAM 3k and RDPS backed down from the totals.  Yet weather.gov says my area will get 2 to 4 inches.  A day and a half out and not much agreement.

image.thumb.png.1142350f1e2e69db96792f35fa387701.png

image.thumb.png.620423a3563adb368613e2f1b30b92da.png

RDPS is essentially where it was at 00z. Not much backing down there, maybe along certain edges? 

trend-rdps-2024011806-f054.snku_acc-imp.us_ma.gif

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
add graphic

35 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

Page topper...

What did the deer say to its best friend?

“You’re my deer-est pal!”

The deer sense the snow is coming. I have 13 herding together.

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

Gotta love the South Hills! The amount of deer tracks right now in my front yard is crazy.

• THUMBS UP 2

27 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The "Other JB" as we geezers like to call him. He is an excellent analyst of what has already happened - great case studies I've read of his. Not sure why he doesn't paint extra potential along the Jersey and EPA zones. He is from Berks Co so think he'd know better. 

Yeah, I’m not sure why he didn’t do that either. Maybe he’s just covering his coverage area and left them out without giving it thought. 

12 minutes ago, SteelWx said:

Gotta love the South Hills! The amount of deer tracks right now in my front yard is crazy.

There has been a deer cull going on in Bethel since late Sept, lasts until end of January.  We only have 1 of our normal deer that hasn't been around. Not sure if they got her or she died. She had a very late birth in late September and we wonder if that did her in.  Her little one is the cutest thing. People thought he/she wouldn't make but so far has. Looks healthy but very tiny still. This pic was from mid-October and about 2 weeks ago.

image.thumb.png.33a85727f927be54c2bbea19251512c9.pngimage.png.a6aa36899033e7fdb0af26d045bae4cd.png

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 3