Jan. 19-20th, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

telejunkie

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Gettysburger said:

Isn’t that kinda what Bernie was saying in his video today? 

Didn’t catch it. No longer on twitter. On lighter events I look at jet streaks. There’s one on tomorrow too. Might see some flurries or lt snow. 

• THUMBS UP 3

2 minutes ago, Penn State said:

@Gettysburger I’ve been curious.. and wanted to ask, do you have any affiliation with the actual restaurant “Gettysburger” in Gettysburg? My wife and I love the burgers and brews there! 

Haha, no I don’t. But I agree, great food there! The blue and gray is great for burgers too. All their burgers are named after generals. 

• LIKE 2

• Social Media Crew
Just now, Gettysburger said:

Haha, no I don’t. But I agree, great food there! The blue and gray is great for burgers too. All their burgers are named after generals. 

The other place we love over there is Half Pint Creamery.. some of the best ice cream! 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 2

• Meteorologist

RGEM looks to have a little less ridging out front and moves the energy out SE Canada a bit quicker this go around leaving a flatter look just east of the system. Have to see if it keeps that up or not but with less -NAO influence it is a possibility. Would mean overall flatter storm until it is well over the ocean and less qpf potential with less grabbing of the system. 

Overall a solid 2-4" event and areas from just east of me from about allentown to now probably northern MD (baltimore seems to be slowly slipping out of the best potential region) on east 3-5" lollipops of 6"+ where things come together just perfectly.

I know some enjoy it but RGEM is not one of my favorites it does have its moments from time to time though.

rgem_z500_vort_us_fh42_trend.gif

• LIKE 1

2 hours ago, so_whats_happening said:

Not to say NYC/LI wont get something but don't see them being the main impact region.

We rarely are the main impact region compared to the number of storms that come through here.  A few storms here and there, but mainly north and west of the city

3 minutes ago, Doorman said:

blame  rickrd

for  hunting me down.........and aging backwards tonight  🤪

Best to all the gang here

A_48hr500.thumb.gif.d237888e83ccde65eb9b3b6c7be5e04f.gif

Delaware ripple   .....less filling...LMAO

Nice to have you back Doorman remember your riddles a day knowledge back around 2010 on the AccuWeather forums. Does were some epic winters.