January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

Icon is a 960mb beast over the lakes. 
12z GFS will also be a beast probably southeast of last run unless it phases earlier. 

Edited by junior
  • WOW 1

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Canadian has the SLP tracking through Chicago 

candian is also on its own (seemingly out to lunch) for the 8th-10th thread based on the tracker maps

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Canadian has the SLP tracking through Chicago 

It has the first storm through Ohio and second through Chicago while gfs is flipped

Beautiful looking storm that run of the GFS and I’m not just saying that because it had me in the bullseye. The development and strength of the storm were great.

Edited by SNOWBOB11

Here is the crazy thing, averages eventually balance out. Sometimes, it is a really quick balance. We have to all agree at some point in time one of these will pummel areas who haven't seen a dramatic event in a long time. Maybe this is the one, but I still feel like too many variables are working against the OV. I like central and northern IL for this one. 

8 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Here is the crazy thing, averages eventually balance out. Sometimes, it is a really quick balance. We have to all agree at some point in time one of these will pummel areas who haven't seen a dramatic event in a long time. Maybe this is the one, but I still feel like too many variables are working against the OV. I like central and northern IL for this one. 

Yea we’re due but these storms just don’t happen around here so it’s unlikely to pan out. 

12z Uk looks like the GFS at 144 

Just now, junior said:

Yea we’re due but these storms just don’t happen around here so it’s unlikely to pan out. 

12z Uk looks like the GFS at 144 

Couldn't agree more!

14 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Any winds with this? I would assume based on how strong the low is. 

There's also a better high for this storm compared to the one early week.  So wind will be a factor unless this storm just goes poof.

Just now, BoroBuckeye said:

What I like about this storm is there appears to be an actual cold tap versus the relatively marginal cold we’ve been tracking.

Exact strength and track are obviously completely up in the air.

For example, first storm next week:

image.thumb.png.3552f0fddbc77f7eaea37f6bff4bc124.png

This storm:

image.thumb.png.4cd2f98f7c3ebc6707e415bebd950269.png