January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

1 hour ago, MidMichiganWx said:

Well, looks like I'm going to take a direct hit from this one. Definitely excited. Local mets comparing it to the 2011 blizzard we had here. 

Yesterdays day was basically a bust IMBY. 

Oh man congrats! It’s about time you got smoked! Get some good pre and post storm pictures! 

• LOVE 1

This is relatively low confidence, but if I had a gun to my head I'd go with about 6" here.  Riding near the edge of the better snows though and this setup in particular is a very dynamic/volatile one with substantial lingering questions on precise surface low track/intensity as well as timing the erosion of any warm layers aloft, not to mention exact surface temps and the role they will play in accumulation.  Would not at all be surprised to come in with less, but some minor tweaks in a positive direction could result in higher amounts.  So basically, 6" is the best guess/middle ground approach at this point.

Although I expect a large percentage of the snow to be of the wetter variety, that will end up freezing as temps drop and could lead to an outsized blowing/drifting impact for whatever amount of drier snow does manage to fall.

• LIKE 1