• Moderators
20 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It would be a historic occurrence. 

Record lowest pressure at South Bend is 976.6 mb

Record lowest at Fort Wayne is 975.3 mb

Record lowest at Indianapolis is 974.6 mb

Record lowest at Terre Haute is 979.4 mb

20 hours ago, Hoosier said:

fwiw, the system moving through today has broken Indianapolis' lowest January pressure.  Old January record was 984.4 mb.  

The 6Z Euro and GFS ensembles say its likely that Indy will break it's lowest SLP record twice in one week.  If so, that's pretty amazing.

GEFS

image.png.0e413d42d810de1269ef291f5a0f16f7.png

EPS

image.png.4276e429529802c0fade596249713b51.png

• SHOCKED 1
  • FLUSHED 1

5 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

Oof, 12z GFS takes the low to almost Chicago. Not trending in the right direction for MBY. 

Looks like it'll rip here for an hour or two before being washed away and then getting dry slotted.

• LIKE 1
  • YUCK 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 hour ago, easton229 said:

About 20 miles NW of Detroit

I would be more than ok with where I sit then, bullseye, maybe not, but given how this winter has gone, basically a 50/50 shot of 6''+ and pretty much a guarantee 2-4 minimum

0d1b463f-3947-42d2-a632-2dffefb5f8ca.gif

• LIKE 2

I am very nervous about this one bleeding north or just having warm air be an issue for my area.  Will be happy to have any snow in advance of the much colder pattern, but have had high hopes for this one here and it will sting a lot more than the last storm if it underperforms.  Sort of have a gut feeling but can't possibly make a call with numbers yet.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

12 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

sfcmslp-meanmem.us_mw.thumb.png.227a87d57baef8c869ea22694c684f85.png

High stakes Euro shortly.  I'd probably rather be you than me. :classic_biggrin:

Interesting storm shaping up for the metro.  Could have a crapload of snow falling with temps 32-34.  Will be interesting to see how that plays out from a power grid perspective.  Too warm and you melt too much as it falls, reducing the impact to some extent.  It's going to come down to the tiniest of details.

• THUMBS UP 2

4 hours ago, Hiramite said:

0z LPT:

It looks like we have consensus.

The Euro has the lowest pressure and meets “bomb” criteria between hours 54 & 78.

In looking at the past trackers….

It looks like we’re back to pretty much where we were 24 hrs ago.

Initially most models were “out west”, some then over-corrected to the east, now they all meet in the middle.  Classic.

To my eyes, no one model nailed it from the start.  They all jumped around to a certain extent.

Last one for this storm….next!!!

IMG_5693.jpeg

bfc1b50a-7c8b-4504-a3a7-aec9fbe2ece4_text.gif

• THUMBS UP 1

I grew up in Northern Virginia. Tracking potential snows was always a crapshoot -- totally dependent on the perfect mixture of ingredients. I thought for sure moving to the Midwest would provide me with some more enjoyable snowfalls, and a much lower bust ratio. Halfway through my second winter, I've had about two dozen potential major snowfalls turn into rain or white rain. 

Now we are two days away from the arrival of a bombing storm and the major models are depicting anything from rain to the WEST a low sitting over IL to snow to the East of a Low over IN. 

It's almost ridiculous. I am dumbfounded

3 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

Wouldn't expect anything different lol.

I think this is the track for winter. With a 2nd storm going very similar to the last supposed big snow for SEMI, our fate is now sealed.

• LIKE 1

The Canadian is the only one showing temperature profiles cold enough to give more snow than rain. To the other more advanced weather fans, is the cold air intrusion being underplayed? I find it hard to believe with this pattern that there is this much significant rain that far north?