January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

19 minutes ago, NWsnowhio said:

Yeah buddy…pass me some of whatever the GDPS is tokin over NW Ohio. 

image.gif.4f77adb4ba8d4f5bb9c58f5f66d3f45e.gif

Not expecting it in the slightest, but I assume it’s depicting arctic air filtering in sooner and beating out WAA?image.gif.28509355f1a4312bddae857ef0b03e7f.gif

May be some evaporative cooling going on with the high precip depicted. Nonetheless I would imagine surface temps would be at or just above freezing. Chunky wet snow that won't do much of anything 

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

May be some evaporative cooling going on with the high precip depicted. Nonetheless I would imagine surface temps would be at or just above freezing. Chunky wet snow that won't do much of anything 

Thanks for the thoughts.  It would at least look better than non-chunky cold rain, I guess. 🤪

• LIKE 1

Big shift west in the mean and strength. Im officially accepting my status as a bystander again with this one, begging for .20 qpf in the frontal storm before the very cold and very quiet lull that follows. Should have several bright sunny days 

trend-gefsens-2024011000-f072.sfcmslp-meanmem.conus.gif

• SAD 2

32 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

So. Is snow doom canceled then?? 

No.   Still too early to claim victory for the euro.   I’d wait for the 12z runs today or even tonight’s runs before canceling any solution out.   Still think rain to snow is the most likely outcome for Indiana and western Ohio.    

• LIKE 2

• Moderators

0z LPT:

It looks like we have consensus.

The Euro has the lowest pressure and meets “bomb” criteria between hours 54 & 78.

In looking at the past trackers….

It looks like we’re back to pretty much where we were 24 hrs ago.

Initially most models were “out west”, some then over-corrected to the east, now they all meet in the middle.  Classic.

To my eyes, no one model nailed it from the start.  They all jumped around to a certain extent.

Last one for this storm….next!!!

IMG_5693.jpeg

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 5
  • TROPHY 1

21 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

0z LPT:

It looks like we have consensus.

The Euro has the lowest pressure and meets “bomb” criteria between hours 54 & 78.

In looking at the past trackers….

It looks like we’re back to pretty much where we were 24 hrs ago.

Initially most models were “out west”, some then over-corrected to the east, now they all meet in the middle.  Classic.

To my eyes, no one model nailed it from the start.  They all jumped around to a certain extent.

Last one for this storm….next!!!

IMG_5693.jpeg

If there was ever a picture that depicted what storms were like for SEMI, I think this would be the winner.

• SAD 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Think the wind will be the biggest issue with this one for most of us. 

What she said.

With sodden ground in many areas, more rain and high winds to be followed by some pretty cold air, it's not a good time to lose power.  Prep now if you can.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

6 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Not sure my yard is gonna be able to handle all this rain. Gonna be an ice rink come Tuesday. 

Yup trees be in trouble too if we don't dry by then.

• SHOCKED 1

7 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Not sure my yard is gonna be able to handle all this rain. Gonna be an ice rink come Tuesday. 

where exactly are you? I would be somewhat excited pretty much anywhere in MI even SEMI/NW OH on alot of models