January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

2 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Total novice talk here, but is it really surprising that two storm systems 72 hours apart take the same track? I feel that something that close in time is more likely to track the same than not.

Well technically todays storm tracked almost over Chicago, so this one tracking through NE IN would indeed be SE 

3 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Total novice talk here, but is it really surprising that two storm systems 72 hours apart take the same track? I feel that something that close in time is more likely to track the same than not.

I don't think this will track exactly the same but close it's also the storm that really introduces the ridic level of arctic air into the picture so that has to have more sway in it's ultimate track than that of the current storm

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Icon cuts up through Illinois.

Well, this was fun for a while for us in SEMI. We’ll always have the GFS (until it caves tonight). On to the next one? Not even sure there can be another one with the way this winter has played out.

• THUMBS UP 2

• Admin
Just now, easton229 said:

Well, this was fun for a while for us in SEMI. We’ll always have the GFS (until it caves tonight). On to the next one? Not even sure there can be another one with the way this winter has played out.

I think you’re in a good spot for this one.  Hang tight.

The NAM gets warm air pretty far north.  The ICON does as well, but then the big difference is that the ICON dynamically cools more quickly than the NAM and it just barfs snow in northern IL/IN after 18z Friday.

Never want to totally ignore the possibility of warm air surging farther north than progged, but nothing else is as drastic with that as the NAM right now.

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, easton229 said:

Ugh that’s brutal. Can’t wait to see our few inches turned to concrete. Knew the GFS would cave. Pretty much aligned with everything now. On to the next one…

February is the month of winter now for the eastern lakes. Guess we'll wait and see. 

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

Just brutal. Congrats to the same winners from today’s storm. Another cold rain/slop followed by deep freeze. Just can’t buy one in Toledo this year. 

We'll get the sole big storm in February as has been the norm the past few years. 

Yeah buddy…pass me some of whatever the GDPS is tokin over NW Ohio. 

image.gif.4f77adb4ba8d4f5bb9c58f5f66d3f45e.gif

Not expecting it in the slightest, but I assume it’s depicting arctic air filtering in sooner and beating out WAA?image.gif.28509355f1a4312bddae857ef0b03e7f.gif

Edited by NWsnowhio