January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

I want snow but NOT next Friday. It is my friend’s bday, and she works right by where I live. I hope this can hold off until she gets home. Watch, this system will be a hit during late afternoon/ evening on Friday evening the 12th, the only day before the 28th (the bday of two other people I know). 

So I’m supposed to believe a sub 970mb is going to cut through the Midwest line that?  I think the GFS is wayyyyyy overdoing it.  The CMC looks far more realistic, and not just because it shows a more favorable outcome for me… 

36 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

0a43cc12-8c36-4faf-9c05-5d3fc506fb24.gif

snku_024h-imp.conus (1).png

snku_024h-imp.conus.png

Wowww...whether you get rain or snow on that run....what a beast of a storm....would love to experience snow on the ground with those winds.....the tight isobars are insane.....possible hell of a pattern the next couple of weeks...

• LIKE 2

36 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

So I’m supposed to believe a sub 970mb is going to cut through the Midwest line that?  I think the GFS is wayyyyyy overdoing it.  The CMC looks far more realistic, and not just because it shows a more favorable outcome for me… 

When the energy goes neg tilt and the storm bombs out like that it will cut north. Nature of the beast.

28 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

When the energy goes neg tilt and the storm bombs out like that it will cut north. Nature of the beast.

I don’t mean it going negative, I mean the prospect of a 970mb low in the lower Midwest turning into a snowcane that shuts down IL.  Not happening.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

8 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

I don’t mean it going negative, I mean the prospect of a 970mb low in the lower Midwest turning into a snowcane that shuts down IL.  Not happening.

Because that’s never happened before?

It's a wild world when the Euro has a 980 mb low, dumps a widespread 1-2 feet from the Plains to Midwest, and that's the tame solution compared to the GFS.

Edited by Hoosier
  • TROPHY 1

What a beast phase on the recent GFS. Each GFS run wants to phase this even deeper. 
Need to watch how the PV interacts with the wave. Does it phase and bomb this out or act as a suppressor above the lakes. We shall see. ( of course if we still have the storm )

Edited by junior

25 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Nice

image.thumb.png.f434055d8c1eaf8ec02fa126c7c860b0.png

image.thumb.png.73d20fca4dcd8a18e5619364d9e71b36.png

Nice. Makes me wonder how this barrels into that ridge block near Greenland but I guess if the PV phases it doesn’t matter 😂

• LIKE 1

9 minutes ago, junior said:

Nice. Makes me wonder how this barrels into that ridge block near Greenland but I guess if the PV phases it doesn’t matter 😂

Doesn't seem right but that's the way it seems to be going these days. Still a very fun to track nevertheless